Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Lets see Clever Storage Ideas

Liechtenstein
chpsk8
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver Aft Cabin Motor Yacht... Hull #001

Re: Lets see Clever Storage Ideas

Postby chpsk8 » October 18th, 2021, 11:27 am

#mjmason1 - I'm working on this exact thing. So much storage under that part of the couch and it's just wasted. What thickness ply did you go with under the seat? I was thinking 1/2" would be plenty and not add too much weight. As it is anyone that steps on that section can pretty much put a foot through it popping the staples out as they go.

United States of America
mjmason1
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1999 Carver Voyager 530

Postby mjmason1 » October 19th, 2021, 10:48 pm

I'm pretty sure it's 1/2".

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Postby g36 » October 20th, 2021, 10:24 pm

Lots of good space you found
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Canada
Grafunkus
Captain
Captain
Vessel Info: 1982 33' Carver Mariner
1985 3607 Carver Aft Cabin

Postby Grafunkus » October 22nd, 2021, 8:27 am

Not extra storage but there are two "bins" in the vberth on our 3607 that I am not sure what the original intent was. One of them has a drain hole in it. I am currently using them for rope storage but am curious as to what the original intent was. Any ideas???

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » October 22nd, 2021, 11:42 am

Grafunkus wrote:Source of the post Not extra storage but there are two "bins" in the vberth on our 3607 that I am not sure what the original intent was. One of them has a drain hole in it. I am currently using them for rope storage but am curious as to what the original intent was. Any ideas???

If you're talking the two at the very fwd end of the v-berth, those are rope lockers. The two deck plates that can be used for line or chain go into that space. BTW, on the 3607 in the aft stateroom on the port side, there are two drawers. Underneath those there is a third drawer front but it is fastened in place. You can take that apart and put hinges on it because there is a couple square feet of storage behind that too. I put some pics in the 'projects' thread when I did that mod.

United States of America
Jskhome62
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2003 360 Sport Sedan

Postby Jskhome62 » October 31st, 2023, 4:41 am

Even though this thread has been dormant for a while, seems like the appropriate place to post so I’ll give it a try.

New owner of a 2003 360 SS and have that rather large space in the corner of the galley cabinets that is only accessible via the approx 15” round hole in the counter top. So I’m wondering what this space is supposed to be for (thought maybe for a garbage can but unless you can find one that fits through the hole….) or if anyone has converted it for more cabinet storage?

I was thinking about cutting out the side of the main adjacent cabinet to get access from the cabinet door. I looked at some of the rev-a-shelf style corner/hidden cabinet shelf slider mechanisms too but the door opening seems too small for the commercial products I found; so may have to do something custom. But before I do, interested in if/how others have used this space. Thanks.

Return to “The Project Center”