Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Kitchen upgrade in progress

Topic author United States of America
cpoint
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 356 aft cabin

Kitchen upgrade in progress

Postby cpoint » April 26th, 2021, 11:28 am

Been awhile. Busy year to say the least. One of these days I will post before/after of all project completed. But for now this one is almost completed project. Replaced the original oven/stove top with Ninja XL oven and induction top. This did require some cabinet modification. Major improvement though is the sink. The existent sink was so small you could hardly wash your hands in it without having water all over the place. Got it from amazon, perfect size and fit. I also got filtered faucet (have not installed yet), and replaced the original faucet with the one seen. This weekend I will hook up the filtered water faucet next to that. The only down side is the sink is bit deeper than original, so need to make some mods to the drawer, which no longer fits as is. Anyway if anyone would like I can list the details of the parts I purchased with links. Also once completed in next week or two, I will put up better pictures of the completed project.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Re: Kitchen upgrade in progress

Postby g36 » April 26th, 2021, 11:56 am

Looks like very nice upgrades and having a big sink sure is nice. sure wonder what they're thinking with some sinks they put in many boats
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » April 26th, 2021, 12:20 pm

That sink looks great. I had the dual tub sink in mine but both were pretty small. Thought about changing it out several times but never pulled the trigger on that.

Curious on the details with the Ninja install. What are you using for the surround there? Did you line the compartment with anything or provide any forced ventilation there? I don't think those are made for enclosed compartments, or is that model also used that way? I can see that being a big upgrade over the stock one. We used the stock one a lot, but I think something like the Ninja would have been much easier. Like the cooktop too and that has to be a big functional improvement in addition to the aesthetics.

United States of America
wkeith
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 2004 Carver 466 Aft Cabin MY

Postby wkeith » April 29th, 2021, 8:37 am

Your upgrade looks great. Could you provide the model # of the Ninja XL oven. I could not find it.
Thanks,
Walter

United States of America
Benda515
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2018 Carver C37

Postby Benda515 » April 29th, 2021, 2:32 pm

That looks awesome!

cpoint
Commander
Commander

Postby cpoint » June 7th, 2021, 4:21 pm

km1125 wrote:Source of the post That sink looks great. I had the dual tub sink in mine but both were pretty small. Thought about changing it out several times but never pulled the trigger on that.

Curious on the details with the Ninja install. What are you using for the surround there? Did you line the compartment with anything or provide any forced ventilation there? I don't think those are made for enclosed compartments, or is that model also used that way? I can see that being a big upgrade over the stock one. We used the stock one a lot, but I think something like the Ninja would have been much easier. Like the cooktop too and that has to be a big functional improvement in addition to the aesthetics.

I do have another in my home kitchen on countertop. It does not really get hot around it, at least what I can feel. But to be safe I did purchase proper fiberglass insulation for that purpose to line the walls (which I have not yet done). Also I did purchase a fan that's pretty powerful and very quiet. I have not yet installed that either. I have not had too much time to play this year on the boat. I had removed the microwave, so I am going to move the outlet to the oven space. so I can use the original Owen outlet for Ninja, and microwave outlet for the cook top. this way I can open/shut power from the wall. I will update here how things go Once I finish the lining and try the Owen. The front cover I made comes of very easy. I am not a live aboard, so I can even open that up if need be when using it for better air flow. Will see how it goes.

cpoint
Commander
Commander

Postby cpoint » June 7th, 2021, 4:25 pm

wkeith wrote:Source of the post Your upgrade looks great. Could you provide the model # of the Ninja XL oven. I could not find it.
Thanks,
Walter

Ninja DT201 Foodi 10-in-1 XL Pro Air Fry Digital Countertop Convection Toaster Oven with Dehydrate and Reheat, 1800 Watts, Stainless Steel Finish (amazon). I got it at KOHLS fairly cheap at the time. There was a good sale, plus they gave a discount on top of that for getting there store card.

And got this fand from Amazon: AC Infinity AXIAL 1225, Quiet Muffin Fan, 120V AC 120mm x 25mm Low Speed, UL-Certified for DIY Cooling Ventilation Exhaust Projects

cpoint
Commander
Commander

Postby cpoint » August 9th, 2021, 1:41 pm

Just an update, now that Ninja oven was used several times on the boat. It did not heat up to a dangerous level, there was enough openings around the containing area to air out. But to be on safer side I did add fire protection foam on back and sides. Got it from amazon: ROXUL 1-1/2" x 48" x 24" Mineral Wool/Foil Backing High Temperature Insulation, Density 8#, Green
Also have a silent small fan that gets turned on when oven is turned on to help cool the are even more. Also oven is never on when not in use or when no one is around it anyway. So over all very happy with the change. cooks much better, much faster than original unit. And actually has more cooking space. Since the power is now hooked up to original oven plug I can now turn it on from wall and turn it off when done. So when away there is no power in the plug it's on.

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Postby g36 » August 9th, 2021, 2:31 pm

Nice updates to your project hope you having some time to enjoy the summer
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.