Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

355 aft to bridge side clear panel

Topic author United States of America
tgmkwill
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1997 355 Carver Aft

355 aft to bridge side clear panel

Postby tgmkwill » June 27th, 2021, 8:35 am

I need to remove the clear side panel that go from the aft deck to bridge, example to big clear "plexiglass" on starboard side near stairs going to bridge..

I want to clean out a few years of crud in the corners and eventually repaint the base of the radar arch that is starting to peel.

It looks like after the screws all come out of the panel it is matter of lifting and tilting it in a specific sequence to get it out of the tracks.. my biggest concern it ends up being something that comes out but is a pain to get back in.

Any advice from someone that had take them out. ?

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Liechtenstein
chpsk8
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver Aft Cabin Motor Yacht... Hull #001

Re: 355 aft to bridge side clear panel

Postby chpsk8 » June 28th, 2021, 9:14 am

Curious about this as well. Looks deceptively easy. I would love to clean a decade of dirt out of that spot.

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Postby tomschauer » June 28th, 2021, 12:46 pm

There are three screws on the outside of the panel and a little bit of sealant that holds it in.
Snaps out in under five minutes.

Topic author United States of America
tgmkwill
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1997 355 Carver Aft

Postby tgmkwill » July 1st, 2021, 5:58 am

Thanks for the tip about the sealant being there.!

United States of America
RussL
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 2000 396 Motor Yacht

Postby RussL » July 1st, 2021, 1:12 pm

I don't have the same boat but have done similar things before. You will need to remove the screws and cut the sealant. The plexiglass will scratch very easily. I would tape some carboard on it before you start trying to cut lose the sealant. Also take your time and make sure you cut it lose. That material can crack if you force it too hard.

United States of America
tgebler
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: 2000 396 AC

Postby tgebler » July 1st, 2021, 1:36 pm

How about the removal of the glass below the radar arch on my 2000 396 aft cabin? I want to replace that glass.

United States of America
RussL
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 2000 396 Motor Yacht

Postby RussL » July 12th, 2021, 10:32 am

I haven't taken mine out yet, but it is on my list.Mine vibrates and makes a lot of noise at idle. from what I can tell, there are a couple of screws and maybe some silicone also at the bottom.... but I think it is just the screws. I can tell for sure the top is just resting against the weather-stripping.

I think if you take the screws out it will simple slip down and you can grab the bottom. If not... I am not sure.. most likely you will need to buy a windshield removal tool to slide in and run around it to cut the silicone. I would not advice standing on top of the hard top to work from the outside. If you take yours out before I do, please let me know how it goes!

Return to “The Project Center”