Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Carver and/or Cummins electrical diagrams

Topic author United States of America
aloysius
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 406

Carver and/or Cummins electrical diagrams

Postby aloysius » October 28th, 2021, 9:56 am

I'm searching for any electrical diagrams for my 2000 Carver 406 with Cummins diesel engines. I have the basic diagrams which show most of the secondary DC power layout but I can not find any for the DC Safety Main Panel set up under the steps, the AC generator and shore power, nor any useful ones for the Cummins engines and helm gauges.
Any ideas of where I can acquire any electrical diagrams for something close to this Carver 406 would be wounderful.
Thank you.

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Re: Carver and/or Cummins electrical diagrams

Postby g36 » October 28th, 2021, 11:35 am

I have a 405. If you want to send me a pm I can forward the 1998 405 Carver file (same as your 406 just different year) it may not be detailed enough for you as these from Carver are not terrific but helpful if you don't have anything. This will not cover the engines.. I'm glad to help with questions on this model if I can.
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Topic author United States of America
aloysius
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 406

Postby aloysius » October 31st, 2021, 2:21 pm

Thank you VERY much but I have a Carver Manual for numerous models. They don't show much at all concerning the helm or engine wireing. Not much concerning the safety panel wiring under the steps of my 406 either.
Thank you anyway. Maybe I'll drive my boat up into Tennessee next summer and we can exchange horror stories ( and some blessing stories) about having a boat.
Does your boat have diesel engines?

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Postby g36 » October 31st, 2021, 2:37 pm

No worries, just let me know if I can try and help with anything. My 405 is gas , we looked at some diesel models but we found ours in KY, brought in home on the river, a great trip. We have a bridge to go under before our marina. The height is sometimes a problem. We purchased our boat from the original owner who had ordered it from carver with a fold down arch, once we found that out it was a no brainer for us. We've had to fold it down a few times so it's been awesome for the ability to do that.
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Return to “The Project Center”