Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Carver 444 waste discharge pump

Topic author United States of America
seanoevil
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2004 Carver 444

Carver 444 waste discharge pump

Postby seanoevil » December 12th, 2021, 9:09 am

Good morning,
I recently purchased a 2004 Carver 444 and I am slowly getting aquainted with my boat. I have been trying to locate my waste discharge pump and valves with out success. The manual shows that the aft pump should be under the bed on port side and the forward under the salon. Ther is also not a braker in the panel for either. Is it possible that I do not have a discharge pump at all.

thanks in advance for all your assistance.

Canada
Tireless
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 2006 Carver 44 CMY
Volvo Penta D6 370 HP

Re: Carver 444 waste discharge pump

Postby Tireless » December 12th, 2021, 1:00 pm

I have discharge system in my 2006 44 CMY, that I don’t use due to the laws in Canada. There are two pumps and valves in the boat. One for each holding tank.

The forward one should be located just forward of the starboard engine against the hull, beside near the A/C pump. The pump and the thru hull are in plain view and should be obvious.

The stern one is under the head of the bed on the port side. The valve for this one, I believe is in the storage area under the cockpit in the storage area.

There should also be breakers on your D/C panel to activate power to each pump.

If you can’t see them or breakers, then I suggest your boat is not fitted with them.

Greg

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Postby g36 » December 12th, 2021, 5:34 pm

You may also find breakers in the panel for items not installed on your boat. I have a few on my 405 .
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Topic author United States of America
seanoevil
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2004 Carver 444

Postby seanoevil » December 21st, 2021, 1:56 pm

I searched the whole boat I am out of luck the original owner mustbnot have takedn the option. Now I mus decide wether it is possible to add on now.

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Postby tomschauer » December 21st, 2021, 7:14 pm

You can only discharge if you are more than three miles from shore. So, unless you plan to do most of your boating in the open ocean, it's not worth the trouble and cost.

Return to “The Project Center”