Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

530 saloon door removal

Topic author Australia
aussie530carver
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1999 Carver 530 pilothouse

530 saloon door removal

Postby aussie530carver » July 6th, 2023, 10:19 pm

Hi all my sliding glass door saloon door is getting harder to slide open ... im thinking it may need new rollers .. so has anyone attempted to remove the glass sliding door, does it have a roller type system, is there a procedure to removing it.. any pictures would be great ..cheers

United States of America
Pura Vida
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 93 Carver Mariner 330. 2X 350XL Crusaders

Re: 530 saloon door removal

Postby Pura Vida » July 15th, 2023, 8:19 pm

Helpful link:

Re: Repair Sliding Glass Door
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5679&p=56423&hilit=door#p56423
The trick on ours was to remove plastic slider on the top first, pulls right out afterward.

United States of America
mjmason1
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1999 Carver Voyager 530

Re: 530 saloon door removal

Postby mjmason1 » July 24th, 2023, 8:32 pm

I just did mine. I wish I had taken pictures. It was easy. It took less than an hour. I ordered the rollers from England. All you have to do to remove the slider is unscrew the track at the bottom and slide the door and the track out. The door is heavy so get plenty of help. The new rollers need a different screw to attach to the door, so get them ahead of time. You will slao have to drill the door frame to enlarge the screw hole. No big deal. Simply put in the new rollers and loft the doo back into place while sliding the track with it. Then adjust the rollers so the door slides easily and the lock lines up.

Return to “The Project Center”