Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Santego Aft Camper Enclosure

Topic author United States of America
tamntate
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver Santego 380

Santego Aft Camper Enclosure

Postby tamntate » September 8th, 2023, 9:43 am

We own a 1989 Carver Santego 380 and see quite a few pictures of them out there with an aft deck camper enclosure that goes from the swim platform toward the cabin and then curves up to the radar arch. We have a canvas person willing to make the enclosure if we can find the frame. Does anyone have one they would like to sell or know where we can have the frame made? Thanks in advance!

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Re: Santego Aft Camper Enclosure

Postby Viper » September 8th, 2023, 5:46 pm

Welcome aboard.

My advice is to find another canvas person! A good canvas fabricator will fabricate their own frames. That will also allow you to customize based on your needs and wants, and could offer up some custom ideas that you haven't thought about. The odds of finding an existing set that will be an exact fit is probably pretty slim.

United States of America
sbb2112
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1982 Carver Monterey 2687
260 Mercruiser / Mercruiser Alpha sterndrive

Re: Santego Aft Camper Enclosure

Postby sbb2112 » November 20th, 2023, 11:41 am

This might be a little old but I was faced with the same situation. I got quotes and was about ready to go ahead with it at $10K to do complete. I stepped back and did some big picture goal planning and all the upholstery really needed a refresh. Was quoted another $4500 to do all the cushions/berth. I decided I would look at another option that was diy. I went to sailrite and priced out the tubing and hardware and materials along with a sewing machine and ended up at $7K including the sewing machine. I completed the canvas and all the upholstery and am working on the side windows now. Halfway done with those now. It has taken about 6 months working at it on the weekends and a day or 2 in the evenings. It was easier than I thought and sailrite has all kinds of good videos to help. I will end up with the sewing machine at the end and if repairs are needed later can do those as needed. Not everybodys cup of tea but saved a bunch on doing it this way. Put the money I saved into a new radar/mfd/night vision. Never sewed a stitch in my life before this.

Return to “The Project Center”