Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

2004 360 sport sedan flat screen installation

United States of America
CaptBob
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: Shopping....

Re: 2004 360 sport sedan flat screen installation

Postby CaptBob » October 16th, 2016, 10:26 pm

Of all the pics of the boat, I have none of the TV. I will try to return sometime this week and fix that. We removed both CRTs and put in a couple of flat screens. In the forward berth we sized one that just fit inside the hole left over and figured that was enough. For the salon, we boxed up the back of the hole that was left and filled the newly made cabinet with liquor. :clap: The flat screen is in front of that with a wall mount on the space just above the hole. I believe the TV is a 36. The wall mount bracket is secure and the while we do not encounter many serious seas on the Cumberland River, I have bounced it a bit and not had any problems.

Again, I will try to get a picture and size this week.
Capt Bob!
More Nautiville 2004 Carver 360 Sport Sedan
A little less Nauti 2008 SeaDoo 150 Speedster (Admiral could not live without a jet boat.... :captain2: )

Nautiville 2005 Cruisers 280 CXi *Sold*
Nautitown 2012 SeaDoo 180 SP *Sold*

United States of America
CaptBob
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: Shopping....

Postby CaptBob » October 17th, 2016, 3:30 pm

I did have a pic after all. Since then, we have finished framing the hole, and added some shock cord across the front of the cabinet to contain the bottles. Never needed that though, thinking more along the lines of plexi with bottle cutouts. TV is a 32 Wide Screen. Mount is set more toward the top of the TV, Wall mount is above cabinet. TV hangs on mount, is locked on with small hooks that are released by pull knobs on the bottom of the mount.

Capt Bob!
More Nautiville 2004 Carver 360 Sport Sedan
A little less Nauti 2008 SeaDoo 150 Speedster (Admiral could not live without a jet boat.... :captain2: )

Nautiville 2005 Cruisers 280 CXi *Sold*
Nautitown 2012 SeaDoo 180 SP *Sold*

dbay
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 360 sport sedan with Volvo Diesels new carpet and upgrading the boat and hit trouble with the built in TVs need some help with a design mind of the best options. 916 591 0966

Postby dbay » October 18th, 2016, 8:23 am

this helps a lot thank you. You did it different then what my plan was so thank you for posting the pic. I defiantly want to go your route.

Canada
feeez
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 2001 350 Mariner

Postby feeez » October 18th, 2016, 11:38 am

Here is what I did this year to the entertainment centre on our 350 Mariner. The TV is a 32" LED, very light and only draws 28W. As Lyndon suggested it is mounted to a swing arm and covers most of the hole left behind where the old tube TV would have been. I rebuilt the shelfs below where the DVD, VCR and cd changer where housed. I left the radio.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Former 2001 350 Mariner owner

Canada
Lyndon670
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 506
Volvo TAMD74EDC

Postby Lyndon670 » October 22nd, 2016, 10:27 pm

Here is my setup - 32" on an articulating arm. Amazon has tons of these arms. In retrospect, I wish I had gone for the 36" or 40" but the admiral had the final say.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lyndon,
2000 Carver 506
FOXY JOE
Volvo 7.4TAMD
Queens Cove Marina
Georgian Bay, Ontario

United States of America
MeredithRaymond
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355 Aft Cabin

Postby MeredithRaymond » August 22nd, 2017, 12:01 am

We have a Carver 355 which still sports two 13" TV/VCR combo --- top notch I know :up:

In the salon, we'd like to mount a flat screen on the wall behind the dinette seat. This is however a fairly thin wall with the forward head behind it. In the aft stateroom, we'd like to put this on the wall at the foot of the bed. The existing space is really small and I'd like to convert these areas to cabinet storage. I've seen similar boats for sale that had the tv mounted in the same place in this room but I am not sure what mounting system they used.

Has anyone mounted a flat screen in a similar boat? Any suggestions on a mounting system?
'98 Carver 355 Aft Cabin
San Diego, California
:captain: This is my first boat!

United States of America
MeredithRaymond
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355 Aft Cabin

Postby MeredithRaymond » September 20th, 2017, 11:36 pm

MeredithRaymond wrote:Source of the post We have a Carver 355 which still sports two 13" TV/VCR combo --- top notch I know :up:

In the salon, we'd like to mount a flat screen on the wall behind the dinette seat. This is however a fairly thin wall with the forward head behind it. In the aft stateroom, we'd like to put this on the wall at the foot of the bed. The existing space is really small and I'd like to convert these areas to cabinet storage. I've seen similar boats for sale that had the tv mounted in the same place in this room but I am not sure what mounting system they used.

Has anyone mounted a flat screen in a similar boat? Any suggestions on a mounting system?

UPDATE (in case it helps anyone else)

We installed two 32" Samsung flat screens on our Carver 355 -- one above the dinette and one on the aft stateroom at the foot of the bed. For the dinette, we anchored through the wall and patched the two screw holes in the forward head. Cables were run up through the dinette seat. We angled the tv to match angle in the back of the dinette seat. This allows for better viewing throughout the cabin. We also ran an html cable to the new stereo system to enable the stereo to play DVDs on the TV. (The box to the right of the TV is a Nintendo Switch. Haven't yet figured out the best place for that)

We also moved the stereo to the co-exist with the vent space in the adjoining space. This opened up substantial space where the tv and stereo were previously located. We then moved the door in front of this space so they wine cabinet and new radio are not behind closed doors.
BEFORE
AFTER

For the aft stateroom, we learned that there is a small hallow space that allowed for anchoring without disruption into the salon. Cables were eventually run through the hallow space and the tv is plugged into a new electrical outlet in the port side closet.
(pic taken prior to cables being routed)

There was an opportunity to have gone a little bigger in the salon and a lot bigger in the aft stateroom.

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Postby tomschauer » September 26th, 2017, 10:38 pm

Meredith, I like how you move the stereo and the cabinet door. I may do the same.
If you want a cheap upgrade that makes your boat look 15 years newer, replace the burnt orange triangle window covers, and valances over the salon windows with a color that matches or accents the off white side panels. Also ditch the burnt orange curtains in the forward berth. You will be amazed at the difference.

Return to “The Project Center”