Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Welcome to CarverYachtOwners.com!

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

United States of America
islandtime317
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1999 Carver 356, Twin 454's

Re: Welcome to CarverYachtOwners.com!

Postby islandtime317 » December 20th, 2017, 10:29 am

Good Morning! My name is Sandy and we purchased a 1999 356 last August from a dealer on Pickwick Lake, TN. The boat was located in Scottsboro AL which was about 150 miles up river on the Tennessee. This is the first "big" boat that we have owned and are still learning something every trip. We were debated on hiring a captain to move the boat to its new home on Pickwick Lake due to my inexperience of larger vessels. We decided to go ahead at try the trip on our on, so I packed up the wife and two kids along with a friend of mine to help with the tying up. Boy i am glad we did!!! My two boys who are 7 and 9 have grown up on the water but never in this way. They were blowing away with how stuff worked on the boat and all the buttons!!! I had planed for the trip to take 3 days with a cruising speed of about 10mph. I could not have been more wrong!! We had a hurricane come through our area the Wednesday before we left which made me worry of debris on the river. Thanks to the corp of engineers the water levels never rose and we had almost a 10mph down current. Our lock schedule worked out perfectly and we were in port at Florence Harbor by 7 P.M. We left Scottsboro at 7 and did 110 miles in a day stopping once in Decatur AL for fuel. That left us with 2 days to make the 30 mile trip to Pickwick Lake. What an adventure it was and one of my favorite times of being a father. I cannot wait to see what fun times are ahead this summer!
Cheers,
Sandy

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » December 20th, 2017, 7:44 pm

Welcome aboard Sandy. Great story. Yes, good times ahead for sure. :captain:

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » December 21st, 2017, 1:38 am

Welcome Aboard. Many times when purchasing a boat that trip to its new home port is one that will be remembered for a long time. People often ask when making such a purchase should I have it hauled to its new home or sail her there myself. Most of the time the advice is to take her home yourself. Your post only verifies that is usually the best decision.

Congrats on your new toy and you had one heck of a shakedown familiarization cruise. Thanks for sharing your story.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » December 21st, 2017, 9:30 am

Welcome to the forum and Carver, Sandy...... heading south on 65 I did not realize there was that much boating right close to there.Good luck with her.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Canada
DitO
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1985 3607 aft cabin

Postby DitO » February 27th, 2018, 10:56 pm

Hi we recently became the proud owners of an 85 3607 aft, we just love the layout and are enjoying learning all about her.
I have been boating for about 40 years but nothing this size. we boat on Georgian bay and the Trent Severn waterway
We currently moor at Hindson Marina in Penetang. this is a great site.

Tony
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » February 28th, 2018, 5:03 am

Welcome to the forum Tony....best of luck with your new Carver......Gbay is the best....... :beergood:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter

Postby Viper » February 28th, 2018, 6:07 am

Ahoy Tony. Welcome aboard and congratulations on your new acquisition.

Canada
John meenan
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1984 32 Carver Convertible/ 5.7 Crusader X2

Postby John meenan » April 11th, 2018, 11:49 am

Thanks for the welcome
We are located at Sturgeon Lake Ontario surrounded by Unbelievable Beauty.
We are two seasons into our 3227 Convertible
And are looking forward to this season and the wealth of knowledge we have
Just aquired with Carver Yacht Owners
Thanks again
John

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter

Postby Viper » April 11th, 2018, 1:11 pm

Welcome aboard John. Going to be a great summer once winter goes away :banghead:

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » April 12th, 2018, 3:45 am

Viper wrote:Source of the post Welcome aboard John. Going to be a great summer once winter goes away :banghead:

Wondering when if ever that will happen. Last year at this time I was ready to launch.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”