Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Topic author
WeekendLove2
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Carver 1988 42 aft cabin

Postby WeekendLove2 » December 27th, 2014, 7:58 am

I am pleased to be a new member of Carver Yachts Forum. We have recently purchased a 42 aft cabin and we're in full restoration mode. Any advice is welcome. Happy New Year everyone!

scoobychonx
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1991 carver 36 aft cabin twin cummins

Re: New Member

Postby scoobychonx » December 27th, 2014, 11:31 am

Hi and welcome fellow carver owner to this excellent forum. Im sure if you need to know more about your carver yacht then im sure someone on here will be able to help. Regards lee

SHEMP
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 2000 CARVER 456 MY
Full Bridge and aft deck enclosure
Originally purchased in Staten Island
Second owner also purchased in Staten Island in 2012
Now berthed in Toronto Canada
A wonderful and fully appointed luxury yacht.

Re: New Member

Postby SHEMP » December 27th, 2014, 12:03 pm

Welcome Weekendlove2
My advice to you is wait and study everything about your yacht "before" taking things apart for renovation.
Carver has built a good yacht for you and the designers and engineers have thought things through at the drawing board.
You didn't say you are a live aboard or weekender.
That makes a big difference in what and how much you do .
Also everything will cost more than you think.
If you can get a hold of the original owners manual and parts book , it will help you greatly.
I bought a 2000 ,456 my in 2012 , and am doing very small projects , slowly one at a time.
I live aboard year round so that plays a major role on what and when I do things.
enjoy your yacht !
Victor

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”