Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Former SeaRay owners, looking to raft up.

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Topic author United States of America
JediJD
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2007 Carver 42SS
Woodstock, GA

Former SeaRay owners, looking to raft up.

Postby JediJD » April 24th, 2015, 9:34 am

Ahoy, y'all! We're from Atlanta, GA (sort of...actually a northwestern suburb called Townelake). We've had boats and/or lake houses all of our lives. Our four kids (30-13) have grown up on the water and, as of yet haven't committed newsworthy acts of infamy so I'm thinking we are headed in the right direction. The Admiral is a boutique real estate agent (which, I think means that she does what she wants) and has been working toward a lifetime achievement award of World's Greatest Wife and Mother. Somehow, without realizing it, I have attained curmudgeon status (not sure who or what conferred it, but it was earned). USCG Master Cpt, semiretired attorney former judge, Mensa author and tediously detailed former Technical Contributor for over a decade to Club Sea Ray and the Sea Ray Owners Group (courtesy of our beloved last boat, a 380 Dancer and a couple of its predecessors). We boat out of Park Marina and the Allatoona Yacht Club on Lake Allatoona, Georgia, and have made something of a science of indolence in the process. Lots of attention is paid to adult beverages, floating, tie-ups, splashing kids, not drowning the dog, extraordinary cigars, great food, and solving the problems of mankind (really should remember to write those down). We await the arrival of our 42SS "A Little More Nauti", a low hours refugee from Lake Travis with stops in Tampa and Ft. Lauderdale. Shes a soft top with 8.1 Crusaders, 10kw Kohler, VolvoPenta QL800 front thruster, full electronics and lots of stuff with which to begin familiarization and obsessive over-attention to detail.

One of the things that seemed to work on ClubSeaRay was model specific threads that allowed, over time, the accumulation of institutional knowledge by model (searching these sites is otherwise sometimes hit or miss). I plan to start one of those for 410's/42's and see how it works. Might be a miserable failure, but wouldn't be my first or last.
Charles Robertson, USCG Master Cpt.
Lakes Allatoona and Lanier, GA
'07 Carver 42SS "A Little More Nauti"
(tender is a '15 VX Cruiser "Littler Nauti"
'03 Sea Ray 380DA "A Little Nauti" (sold and missed)

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”