Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

New 34C Member With Questions

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Topic author
TM3
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2014 C34

New 34C Member With Questions

Postby TM3 » June 3rd, 2015, 9:29 am

Hi,

I'm In the process of purchasing a new 2014 C34 which is my first ocean boat. I previously owned a Cobalt which was used in fresh water. I'm excited to finalize the purchase and take delivery of the boat. Addindg the 12HDS Lowrance system with 4g Radar as well as an auto pilot system. Any input or recommendations would be appreciated. I Live in Southern California and the boat will be used locally.

Carver appears to be a quality boat and I like the layout of the 34C. I'm a little concerned with the power of the twin 300hp gas engines but from all the feedback I have read the power seems to be adequate. Again any feedback or advice would be appreciated. I chose the boat over a 2007 40 foot Sundancer.

Lastly, I wanted to reach out for some advice in regards to Carver's customer service. The boat I am purchasing has the factory radar tower and had some questions regarding the option. I first called after hours and left a message for customer service. No return call. Next I went online and submitted a contact request last week. Still no response. Is this normal? I love the product but am not used to a company not responding to customers. Any advice or feedback would be appreciated. I love the boat but am hesitant to pull the final trigger if this is how I will be treated.

Thank you in advance for welcoming me into the group!

:down:

United States of America
Ramsport47
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 310 Santego

Re: New 34C Member With Questions

Postby Ramsport47 » June 4th, 2015, 6:44 am

Carver is a quality boat, and though I don't know much about the C series of boats, I know you will be getting a great boat with as much or more room than a 40 Dancer. Regarding their response, I've heard that about the after hours contact. I've always had good response when I call during their business hours though and they are very helpful. They are in the Central time zone, so plan your calls accordingly. Also...if the boat is new, your dealer really should be your first contact for any questions about things...they "should" know the answers to your questions.
Kenny
1998 Carver 310 Santego
T-Merc 350 Mag MPI (300hp)
Port: Cedar Point Marina, Sandusky, Ohio

Topic author
TM3
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2014 C34

Re: New 34C Member With Questions

Postby TM3 » June 4th, 2015, 2:05 pm

Thank you for your input. I actually was able to reach someone yesterday and as you described they were very helpful in providing me the correct information I needed. Unfortunately the dealer was unable to answer my questions which is why I was reaching out directly to the builder. The factory radar tower was built and designed with the lower helm in place. Meaning when the weather conditions would need radar they assumed the owner would not be operating from the bridge. The issue is my boat does not have the lower helm option and the location of the radar would not be safe. I am hopeful Carver will address this valid issue and do the right thing. The option was over $5k.....

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”