Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

New Carver Guy

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Topic author
Midnight Sun
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2007 Carver 41 CMY D6 370's

New Carver Guy

Postby Midnight Sun » October 3rd, 2015, 7:14 pm

Well I finally made the move and upgraded Midnight Sun to a longer/larger boat. For anyone interested my previous boat was a 32 express Bayliner Avanti, highly modified. http://midnightsun.smugmug.com/Midnight-Sun-Photos/ Have been searching for OUR perfect ride for quite some time and when all hope was really gone we decided to visit one last boat this morning. The layout is exactly what we need. It was bought new by the original owners and delivered to Lake Memphremagog, Quebec Canada in 2007. http://www.google.ca/maps/place/Lake+Me ... 14!6m1!1e1 Has spent it's entire life on this lake so fresh water only, condition is excellent overall. My wife was actually sick and tired of looking for boats and told me this morning "only reason I am going with you this morning is because I love you". After 5 mins on the boat, she was as excited as a teenage girl and we both new this is exactly what suits our needs. Made an offer right then and was accepted on the spot. :cheer: A little bit more about this boat. Truly a rare find as some of these have 5.7 volvos in them and some 8.1's. This has Volvo D6 electronic diesels all gauges are electronic including throttle fly by wire on a single stick for shift/throttle. Fully loaded with every option, radar, auto pilot, gps, Seatalk, all Raymarine stuff. CO dectectors, halon, oversized chrome anchor as these people loved to anchor out. Ordered from Carver with additional house bank batteries 8x 6v. :woohoo: Inverter, windlass, front and rear washdown with dual spigots for both lake water or potable water. Cannot even hear the engine when it is fired up as it has underwater exhaust. Bow and stern thrusters. Additional custom factory installed rear Sunbrella platform cover. Even has a diesel Wabatso heater with outlets throughout the boat and extended to the bridge installed as a special request option by Carver at the factory! I could go on as the list is incredible but would get rather boring. In a nutshell, loaded to the gills.

Cruises nice up on plane at 22 knots @ 28gph total consumption. Top speed is 29knots. Hull speed is exceptionally economical. We have some shallow locations we love to get in to and this boat draws only 2'7", thats crazy little in this size but a huge plus for us.

Will take possesion next spring as it will be stored by the owner for the winter. Sale is obviously conditional to oil and coolant analysis and full survey. Not to worried as the owner runs the marina and works on the boats there so maintenance was like clockwork.

SHEMP
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 2000 CARVER 456 MY
Full Bridge and aft deck enclosure
Originally purchased in Staten Island
Second owner also purchased in Staten Island in 2012
Now berthed in Toronto Canada
A wonderful and fully appointed luxury yacht.

Re: New Carver Guy

Postby SHEMP » October 3rd, 2015, 9:01 pm

You haven't mentioned what you bought.

Topic author
Midnight Sun
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2007 Carver 41 CMY D6 370's

Postby Midnight Sun » October 3rd, 2015, 9:09 pm

It's in My signature on the right. 2007 41 CMY. :-D Will be relocating it to the Thousand Islands Region which is where we enjoy boating the most. :captain:

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » October 4th, 2015, 3:23 am

Congrats on the new Yacht. Hope you enjoy many hours of fun and good times aboard.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”