Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

New to this site or any Forum

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Topic author
MissWhit's
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

New to this site or any Forum

Postby MissWhit's » June 18th, 2013, 11:56 am

Hello, My name is John and I currently own a 2001 406 with twin 454 cid 380 HP mpi. My lovely wife and I keep our yacht on Lake Texoma which is a very large lake between Okla and TX so this yacht is not overkill for the fresh waters. Some of the best sand beaches, yes beaches, you can play on. I have been boating since 1962 starting with Dad and family and then continuing as teenagers in the early 70's with a joint own 16ft with brother Sam. After growing up and becoming carreer oriented I have owned 4 boats starting with a 18ft open bow, 26.5 Bayliner Cierra, 32ft Cruisers and finally my Carver. I told my wife when we purchased this boat it would be the last but I might have spoken too soon. I perform all repairs myself except for the ones that require a haul out so I am very experienced in Electro/Mechanical theory as I do this function as a professional. It is funny how your status changes with the color of your hair. When I was younger my friends call me a Cheap (I will leave the rest out) then I became Frugal and look at me know, I am a Cost Engineer. Love it.... I will contribute to this website in a professional manner attempting to give other members the best information I have BASED on experience. I will try not to "chime in" just because but I am human. A man expecially (The girls will love that statement). I am glad to be aboard on MY FIRST FORUM so while you laugh at me just remember, I am on the other side of this monitor just crying away. Have a great day folks. John
MissWhit's
Lake Texoma, Denison TX
Port: EYC Marina
2001 406 twin 380HP 454 MPI

United States of America
waybomb
CYO Moderator
CYO Moderator
Vessel Info: 1995 Boston Whaler Rage15
1987 3697 Carver Mariner
1988 Cougar 46 Kevlar Vee offshore
1969 15' Glasspar / 1967 Johnson Electromatic 85
1996 Boston Whaler Rage 15

Re: New to this site or any Forum

Postby waybomb » June 18th, 2013, 1:20 pm

Welcome! Would love to see pix of your boat and your cruising area.

Any projects up your sleeve? Don;t hold out on us!
Thanks
Fred
1969 Glaspar Avalon /1969 Johnson Electromatic 85
1987 Carver Mariner
1988 Cougar Kevlar 46' with triple blown 572 ci
1995 Boston Whaler Rage
Past - 1988 2807, 1989 4207 Aft

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”