Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

New, a little bit confused, member

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Topic author
Skipper71
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Skipper71 » January 15th, 2016, 6:47 pm

I recently joined this forum looking for some knowledge. I'm considering moving up in boat length by 5 to 10 feet for long term live-aboard and trying to figure out all the various models in the large end of the Voyager series. I see Voyager 56's, 57's, 58,s, 560's, 570's, and some SE versions listed for sale. All are in the 59' range but other than some differences in salon furniture arrangements (further complicated by owners who have subsequently done upgrades) I'm having trouble figuring out the differences between these models from used boats ads and yachtworld pictures. Can anybody out there explain it or send me a link to a Carver Voyager Rosetta Stone?

I'm also VERY curious if any of these models have completed the great loop. Actually, to be more specific, have any of them made it under the 19.1 foot fixed bridge in Chicago? I've seen 19 feet listed as bridge clearance in some ads but don't know if that's top of the radar, masthead light, bare hardtop, etc. Surely, someone on this forum has first-hand knowledge.

Can some of you please chime in?

Many thanks, and very glad to be here.

Jeff

United States of America
Ramsport47
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 310 Santego

Postby Ramsport47 » January 16th, 2016, 8:02 am

While I cannot comment on the Great Loop, although I'm sure in all of the years they've made the Voyagers...starting in 1998, someone has done the loop, I can comment on the layout differences. The Voyager series, starting with the 530 in 1998, share a basic hull design that was lengthened for each larger boat. They all have a 15'4" beam and the lower levels are virtually identical save for some packaging changes in the storage areas. All of the pilothouses are identical, unless it is a "Skylounge" which has no lower helm. The big difference is in the salon and galley area, as well as the back deck. The 530 and 570 are virtually the same layout with the 570 just being a bit longer in those areas. The 560, however, is the different animal, with the salon having a large dinette in lieu of the L shaped sofa and 2 barrel chairs or loveseat. I really don't know much about the newer 52 or 54 Voyagers, but know they are based on the same hull. If possible, try to choose one of these models with the Volvo 12 liter engines or the large Cummins powerplants, as you'll be much happier with their performance.
Kenny
1998 Carver 310 Santego
T-Merc 350 Mag MPI (300hp)
Port: Cedar Point Marina, Sandusky, Ohio

United States of America
Ramsport47
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 310 Santego

Postby Ramsport47 » January 16th, 2016, 8:05 am

Also...if you can't swing it...take a look at the Marquis 59 Markham Edition. GORGEOUS boat...very luxurious, and made by Carver in the same factory that churns out all of their fine products. This boat is manufactured to CE Class A standards...meaning it can take much larger seas than most U.S. manufactured boats. It has beautiful lines and very high end finishings inide and out.
Kenny
1998 Carver 310 Santego
T-Merc 350 Mag MPI (300hp)
Port: Cedar Point Marina, Sandusky, Ohio

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”