Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

2000 Carver 350 Mariner - new to us

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Topic author
Dadrock33
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 350 Mariner
5.7s
Location: Not sure of marina yet; on the Chesapeake somewhere

2000 Carver 350 Mariner - new to us

Postby Dadrock33 » April 3rd, 2016, 3:10 pm

Yep, made another plunge into boat ownership . . . and this one is definitely an overgrown version of 2-foot-itis! I've loved boats for years and a Wizard 16' fiberglass (1959) was our family boat while growing up (Indianapolis) . . . moved up to a 2003 Bayliner 2452 (Hard top express cruiser . . . hint, hint [now for sale]) and now the Admiral has fallen for the Carver. So much for my story . . . . on with the survey!! Here's hoping that all's well . . . . :-)

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Re: 2000 Carver 350 Mariner - new to us

Postby Viper » April 3rd, 2016, 4:54 pm

Congrats and welcome aboard. It's all about the Admiral. Happy Admiral, happy life ;-)

Canada
feeez
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 2001 350 Mariner

Postby feeez » April 3rd, 2016, 10:22 pm

Welcome to the place for all things Carver.

We got our 2001 350 Mariner in 2014 and we are really enjoying it. If you have any model specific questions I would be happy to share what I know.

BTW.
The first respondent (Viper)... has a wealth of info up here.

Fraser
Former 2001 350 Mariner owner

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » April 4th, 2016, 1:05 am

Welcome Aboard. Nice move going from a 24 footer to a 35 footer. Hope you have a great season with your new to you Carver. Coming from a Bayliner were you ever a member over at BOC. I made a similar move. My last boat was a 99 3055 Ciera SE. I sold the Bayliner in 2011 thinking my boating days were over. However, the boat bug bit again in August of 2014 so I spent the balance of the 2014 season hoping to hop onto an end of season deal. Nothing popped then so I resumed my hunt for another boat in 2015.

I had a deal on an 87 Chris Craft Catalina but I backed out of that deal when a chunk of the hull popped off of the bottom of the hull. I had my Admiral (wife) with me that day and she saw the 1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin listed for sale in the brokers sales room. She said we should go look at that boat. She liked what she saw in the pictures on the wall.

In early June we went to look over the Carver and within about 30 seconds she said to me, Buy It. We made an offer and countered back and forth a couple of times finally agreeing on a price. I finally closed the deal on August 14th. Only got her out a couple of times before the season ended.

Carver like Bayliner knows how to utilize space on board their boats. My 3007 is the first 30 foot boat I have ever seen with a separate shower stall. I hope to get more usage this season.

Good luck with your Carver purchase. Hope the survey and sea trial go well and you will get to enjoy your Carver.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Topic author
Dadrock33
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 350 Mariner
5.7s
Location: Not sure of marina yet; on the Chesapeake somewhere

Postby Dadrock33 » April 4th, 2016, 6:57 pm

Oh yeah, Rick . . . we conversed a couple of times on different topics as I remember . . . still active on the BOC as I think they have a wealth of information to share with boaters in general . . . hope to find the same community here. So you got a Carver too huh? . . . and, on the suggestion of your Admiral too huh? . . . . dang, if you were left-handed, we could almost be brothers! . . . . with different parents and from different states but we could be brothers!

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » April 4th, 2016, 10:39 pm

Dadrock33 wrote:Source of the post Oh yeah, Rick . . . we conversed a couple of times on different topics as I remember . . . still active on the BOC as I think they have a wealth of information to share with boaters in general . . . hope to find the same community here. So you got a Carver too huh? . . . and, on the suggestion of your Admiral too huh? . . . . dang, if you were left-handed, we could almost be brothers! . . . . with different parents and from different states but we could be brothers!

I thought so. Glad to have you over here. You are correct there is a wealth of knowledge over at BOC. I did take a break there but decided to get a little more active over there too. I am right handed but we are still brothers, boating brothers that is.

It was funny though. The wife did not like the Chris Craft but when she saw the picture of the Carver she was intrigued. When we went to see it she was sold almost immediately. Carver does make a good boat but I will always have a fond feeling for the 5 Bayliners I have owned.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”