Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Carver 406 405

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Topic author United States of America
Mystic144
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Carver 406 405

Postby Mystic144 » August 8th, 2016, 9:22 pm

Hello all
Can anyone please tell me what the difference is between the Carver 405 and a 406?
Thanks
Rene
Mystic Ct

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Re: Carver 406 405

Postby tomschauer » August 8th, 2016, 10:01 pm

I believe 1 year. I think the 405 ended in 1998 and the 406 started in 1999. The main difference is the windows and interior colors and counter tops. The hulls and mechanicals are identical.
An owner of these boats would most likely know more than me. We looked at both and these are the differences I noticed.

Thanks
Tom

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Re: Carver 406 405

Postby g36 » August 9th, 2016, 6:31 am

i have a 97 405 we looked at both very hard.both are great boats. from what i remember when i was looking to buy, yes the year made, interior color options and the 406 large windows dont slide open in the salon which personally i didnt like its nice to open the windows for ventilation also the counters and flat surfaces in the galley and heads are corian with no edge trim which are nice to look at but things will roll right off. there are tables on both sides of the aft berth instead of small seats. the sundeck is enclosed with a molded/formed surround with a door from the swim platform instead of the lexan panel surrounds i have. in the fwd berth i remember the 406 had upper cabinets installed mine does not.here are small port windows in the aft of the boat for ventilation of the aft head and berth instead of a long sliding windows. there maybe a couple more small things but theres really no differences in any main areas they are the same boat. if your looking to buy i think you would be very happy with either. we spend weeks at a time on ours even going to work from her instead of living at our house i really have enjoyed ours i think it has a great layout for a aft cabin. in both models i would also mention there is a ton of room in the engine bay for maintance etc. that was one thing i couldnt believe i was tired of laying on engines or contorting myself to change impellers or oil in previous boats i had.
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”