Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Not a Carver owner yet - but hoping to be one in the next year.

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Topic author United States of America
PJHoffnet
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Re: Not a Carver owner yet - but hoping to be one in the next year.

Postby PJHoffnet » December 31st, 2016, 9:24 pm

@mjk, thanks for the financing info - we've been saving for years and we're selling our house next month so we're all set in the $ area.

While we were researching different hulls and makers we also researched and secured $, broker, and a marina. Hopefully this final lap will go smoothly too.
Last edited by PJHoffnet on January 1st, 2017, 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

United States of America
mjk1040
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1998 355 AC/MY "Deja Vu"

Postby mjk1040 » January 1st, 2017, 9:43 am

If you have a good broker working for you and you are purchasing a boat that is being brokered buy another broker, it's my understanding they have to split the commission. And if your broker is really working for you, he/she may split that split commission with you. What ever boat you narrow it down to, spend the $$'s and get a GOOD, HIGHLY recommended surveyor. Happy New Year! Just went back and saw the pictures, if the deal falls thru, let me know, I would make a great winter home for us and its right near Ft. Myers where we want to winter and someday retire!
Mike
Mike :down:
I'd Rather Be Boating!
1989 Sea Ray Seville
1986 Carver Mariner 32'
1990's Thompson 22' Cuddy Cabin
1990's 4Winns 245 Vista Cruiser
1980's Thompson 19' Open Bow

Topic author United States of America
PJHoffnet
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Postby PJHoffnet » March 13th, 2017, 6:35 pm

We have gone to the Dark Side ... well, that's a bit dramatic, but it won't be a Carver for us.

We are in the final paperwork phase of buying a 'new to us' 1999 Maxum 4100 SCA - not the Carver 404 we thought we would.

When it came right down to it, the quality/price/value of the Carver 404s/405s/406s we looked at/and those we surveyed in Florida just didn't stack up to the 4100 we're purchasing. I'll suffice it to say the Carver sellers/owners lack of sound maintenance practices and their desires to not work on price reductions for risk that we'd be accepting (after looking at survey results) were the key factor.

We'd like to thank all of you who have answered questions along the way - you have a great community here and I wish you all success and fun boating in the future.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » March 13th, 2017, 7:23 pm

Thanks for your kind words and good luck with your new to you boat....if its shiny, floats and you like it, alls well....cheers..... :beer good:

Geez when you said dark side I first thought you got something with a sail on it.... :lol:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”