Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

New

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Topic author
patrickkolb
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1976 Carver Santa Cruz 25' 6" with a 233 hp 350 Ford V-8 and mercruiser outdrive

New

Postby patrickkolb » August 30th, 2013, 3:13 pm

I just joined the Forum to get in touch with other Carver owners. I own a 1976 Carver Santa Cruz that my Wife and I have mostly restored over the last 5 years. I thought this would be a good place to get with other owners to pursue troubleshooting tips, pick up leads for where to find parts, etc. Thanks. Hope to perhaps see some of you on the river or lake. We keep our Carver on the Indian River between Burt and Mullet Lakes in beautiful Northern Michigan.

United States of America
CYO Admin
CYO Administrator
CYO Administrator

Re: New

Postby CYO Admin » September 2nd, 2013, 8:25 am

Welcome to CYO!

Jab
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1978 Santa Cruz 2866
Moosehead Lake, Maine

Postby Jab » October 22nd, 2013, 1:44 am

Great!
I'm just buying a '78 Santa Cruz 2866. I'll be moving it to Moosehead Lake in Maine.
Any general words of wisdom from your experience?
Mind if I pick your brain some day as I begin to tackle my own projects?
Thanks-
Joe on Maine

Topic author
patrickkolb
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1976 Carver Santa Cruz 25' 6" with a 233 hp 350 Ford V-8 and mercruiser outdrive

Postby patrickkolb » October 22nd, 2013, 5:41 pm

Having a '78 has its advantages. 76 was the last year having a wood upper so we had a lot of work on the flybridge vinyl covering and wood decking. I believe your 78 has mainly a fiberglass upper, however, I think it does have the beautiful wood interior that ours has. I would be happy to help so give me shout when you run into a snag. I am currently looking for new rear fold out seats. Ours rotted out years ago and I have had no luck. I did see some on e-bay in Ohio earlier in the year but I thought they were a little pricey and too far away to pick up.

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”