Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Newbie here

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

United States of America
mjk1040
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1998 355 AC/MY "Deja Vu"

Re: Newbie here

Postby mjk1040 » March 30th, 2017, 8:10 pm

Ahoy and Welcome! Since your retired! Take your time and look at several different Carver models. I'm sure you find one to your liking! Hope you enjoy! Mike
Mike :down:
I'd Rather Be Boating!
1989 Sea Ray Seville
1986 Carver Mariner 32'
1990's Thompson 22' Cuddy Cabin
1990's 4Winns 245 Vista Cruiser
1980's Thompson 19' Open Bow

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » March 31st, 2017, 3:02 am

bud37 wrote:Source of the post
RGrew176 wrote:Source of the post I was reading somewhere online last week that running a planeing hull boat at slow hull speeds is hard on the transmission. It may only be a coincidence but last season I made a hull speed run from my home port to Middle Bass Island. It was about a 4 hour trip. It was economical fuel usage wise. It was the next day when my port side transmission clutches fused. Fortunately it was stuck in forward so I could use the port engine travelling forward.

I wonder if running that slow could have caused my problem.

Rick, I honestly don't think so, lots of us run that way for years on and off...how would anyone do the loop ( canals ) if that was true......there is a formula for calculating your particular hull speed.

I agree with you. Reading something online does not mean that its true. Lets face it there are many places where you have to run at no wake speeds which is basically idle speeds.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

csdaman2
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1996 Carver 355 Aft Cabin. Twin 454 Crusader's. Vessel Documented with the name "Justified"

Postby csdaman2 » March 31st, 2017, 10:34 am

06carp-- I'm a new Carver owner and love my 355 Aft cabin. There is a guy in my Marina Louisville, KY that is selling a 32ft
Aft cabin. He is a fanatic about his boat. If not to far away from you (Louisville) he's has it listed on Craigs list Louisville.
No reasonable offer refused. Csdaman2

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”