Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

New to Forum, Carver...and boating in general.

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

United States of America
Yrogcb
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1989 3807 aft cabin

Re: New to Forum, Carver...and boating in general.

Postby Yrogcb » October 19th, 2017, 3:52 pm

Welcome aboard!

Topic author United States of America
itsallgood
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3227 Convertible
Twin 270 HP Crusaders

Postby itsallgood » November 1st, 2017, 3:54 pm

Thanks, everyone for the welcomes! It took some time and effort, but we finally got her to Pensacola Beach. We did a little work to her before returning her to the water: new bottom job, removed the poli glow from the hull and did a compound and wax job, replaced the though hulls and added a Simrad GO7 to the upper helm. We are currently having all the exterior vinyl and some of the canvas replaced, as will as the carpet in the interior and on the bridge. Our next project is a carb rebuild on the port engine and we will update the stereos and speakers and replace a couple of gauges that don't work.

I got a really great deal on this boat, but the trade-off was that I bought this boat as is, where is, without a survey, so I wasn't sure what I was getting until it arrived in Pensacola. After having checked by a mechanic and a few old salts around the marina, she appears to be in exceptional condition overall. The biggest problem was the poli glow has aged and turned brown and made the exterior look dirty and blotchy. After having two contractors tell me that there was nothing I could do to get it off, I did a little research and found that a couple of folks had success getting it off with Easy Off oven cleaner. So, I tried it and $257 worth of easy off later, she shines.

The boat has all the manuals including the original owners manual, but sadly the previous owner had died, so I didn't get briefed on the boat by someone familiar with her. So, I am learning by doing and asking a lot of questions. Here is some pics of her on the way to launch and in her new slip. [img][img][/img][/img]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » November 1st, 2017, 4:23 pm

Looks good, poly glow heh..grrr.... good you got it off, good luck with it....... :beergood:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Topic author United States of America
itsallgood
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3227 Convertible
Twin 270 HP Crusaders

Postby itsallgood » November 1st, 2017, 4:37 pm

CJ3RD wrote:Source of the post Looks like the boat is in great shape! I have the exact same model year. I've been impressed by how well built the boat is, and how much Carver got into the floor plan, including upper and lower helms, two staterooms with full doors, and a separate shower stall!

I am glad to meet you, CJ3rd! I was hoping to find someone with the same boat. We are heading back to the coast this weekend to take here out, if you don't mind, me jotting some questions for you when I am there. Its some of the little things that I am trying to figure out, like the gauge in the head near the toilet....its a series of lights with full on the top and empty on the bottom. I don't know if its telling me the holding tank is full or the fresh water tank :help:

United States of America
frankwhite
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby frankwhite » November 30th, 2017, 12:23 am

Congrats !!

United States of America
frankwhite
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby frankwhite » November 30th, 2017, 12:26 am

Congrats!!

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”