Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum
We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com
You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
- Scurvy Dog
- Posts: 5
- Joined: February 24th, 2018, 7:47 pm
- Vessel Info: 2006, Carver 4137 CMY, Originally commissioned in 2008, it has spent its last 10 years in the Puget Sound, WA. She features the Volvo-Penta D6, 310 diesel motors (485hr.), 3 zone AC/ Heat pumps, fresh water wash down in bow, bow and stern thruster, 8.0KW Kohler generator, 2/ 30amp shore power input from either mid-ship or stern plugins. Bridge refrigerator ice maker, electric galley featuring an electric oven.
- Location: Seattle, WA
- Has thanked: 19 times
- Been thanked: 1 time
Anyone know what kind of fuel economy I can expect with the D-6 310? The previous owner cruised at 15-1800 rpm, so I think he got decent fuel economy, i will likely push the speed into the mid teens, 12-15 gal / hr?
A beef with this boat is the lack of space for gear for extended voyages. Appreciate the photos of Midnight Sun II with the mods he has made. Anyone figured out a way to put on extra batteries for an inverter, i hate running the genset for a cup of hot water?
Appreciate the forum!
- Posts: 2443
- Joined: July 10th, 2015, 9:58 pm
- Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807
- Location: Ontario, Canada
- Has thanked: 102 times
- Been thanked: 491 times
- Posts: 1669
- Joined: April 23rd, 2015, 10:22 pm
- Has thanked: 234 times
- Been thanked: 338 times
- CYO Moderator
- Posts: 1616
- Joined: February 5th, 2013, 9:24 pm
- Vessel Info: 1987 3697 Carver Mariner
1988 Cougar 46 Kevlar Vee offshore
1969 15' Glaspar / 1969 Johnson Electrmatic 85
1964 Barron Flat bottom drag boat
A couple of dinghies
- Location: Saint Joseph and Trenton, MI
- Has thanked: 29 times
- Been thanked: 197 times
1964 Barron Flatbottom with BBC Chevy
1969 Glaspar Avalon /1969 Johnson Electromatic 85
1987 Carver Mariner
1988 Cougar Kevlar 46' with triple blown 572s
Past - 1988 2807, 1989 4207 Aft
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests