Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

2000 Carver 456 MY

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Topic author
SHEMP
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 2000 CARVER 456 MY
Full Bridge and aft deck enclosure
Originally purchased in Staten Island
Second owner also purchased in Staten Island in 2012
Now berthed in Toronto Canada
A wonderful and fully appointed luxury yacht.

2000 Carver 456 MY

Postby SHEMP » March 7th, 2013, 8:31 pm

Hello everyone
I recently purchased a beautiful 2000 456 MY. Hull # 3.
I had been looking for this boat for 5 years, I'm glad I took the time to buy the right boat for me.
I'm a year round live aboard , and this model Carver is perfect for my lifestyle.
For those that are not familiar with this model, basically it has three staterooms, two heads, galley up in salon. a large aft deck and large helm with plenty of seating.
The Bridge deck and Aft deck are fully glass enclosed, I wanted to get away from any canvas and I like the overall appearance.
The Boat has 5 zone AC/Heat ,and is equipped with most available options in that year.
I have owned it for 5 months and am still overwhelmed by this yacht.
I am learning more and more about the boat each day and welcome any questions and advice you might have.
For those searching for a larger yacht ,take your time and you will find the right boat for you!
Good luck.
Victor
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

United States of America
CYO Admin
CYO Administrator
CYO Administrator

Re: 2000 Carver 456 MY

Postby CYO Admin » March 8th, 2013, 7:55 am

Welcome to CYO, and congrats on finding your dream boat! I love the classic lines of the 456.

United States of America
waybomb
CYO Moderator
CYO Moderator
Vessel Info: 1995 Boston Whaler Rage15
1987 3697 Carver Mariner
1988 Cougar 46 Kevlar Vee offshore
1969 15' Glasspar / 1967 Johnson Electromatic 85
1996 Boston Whaler Rage 15

Postby waybomb » March 8th, 2013, 6:08 pm

Welcome! Is this the model that has small "climb in" room on the starboard side? My wife always liked that boat!
Thanks
Fred
1969 Glaspar Avalon /1969 Johnson Electromatic 85
1987 Carver Mariner
1988 Cougar Kevlar 46' with triple blown 572 ci
1995 Boston Whaler Rage
Past - 1988 2807, 1989 4207 Aft

Topic author
SHEMP
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Postby SHEMP » March 9th, 2013, 11:14 pm

Thank you for the nice words. It does have nice lines , a good size beam at 15 ft.
Yes this model has a small third Starboard side cabin, It has a nice moveable partition that opens it up to the forward cabin.
I'll try to post some more pics soon.

Topic author
SHEMP
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Postby SHEMP » April 22nd, 2013, 8:35 am

Correction to my earlier post on my 456 , the third small stateroom is Port side and has a mooveable wall forward ,that opens and connects to the VIP stateroom.
The boat has 32x37 S&S propellers. The spares in the enginge room had to be removed temporarily and took my Brother and I, to lift them out.
I'm planning to build a small workshop and tool storage area.

Canada
Preferred
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 455 Carver 1998

Postby Preferred » April 23rd, 2013, 1:21 pm

Congratulations ! I have a 456, the documents show 1999 but on the Carver site the interior is a 2000? We have had the boat for three years and have enjoyed every minute. It was my wife's idea to purchase the boat because of the galley location. I have installed Plas Teak on bridge deck, aft deck and dive platform as well as the stairs, looks great easy to do. I installed a canopy over the aft stateroom window so we could keep it open even in the rain. i have made other improvements that add to the enjoyment of the boat.

Topic author
SHEMP
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Postby SHEMP » May 27th, 2013, 9:58 am

Hello Preferred.
Thanks for your reply. I think your year will be the the one in the Hull Identification Number that can be found on your Starboard side of the hull.
My hull number indicates that my boat is a 2000 but it was built in the summer /fall of 1999, similar to automobile production .
None the less, the 456 is a beautiful boat and I'm glad you are enjoying yours. I'd like to stay in touch with you and compare notes. Your improvements and additions sound interesting.I am busy today but will try to write more later.My boat is in Marina Quay West in Toronto Harbour , if you are in town some time I'd like for you to come and visit.
Victor

Canada
Preferred
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Preferred » June 6th, 2013, 2:32 pm

Hi Victor
I just checked out the site and say your reply , I am not in Toronto that often, but will take you up on your offer when i do. my boat is in northern Harbour Kenora Ont . we should stay in touch , i will email my info
Don

Topic author
SHEMP
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Postby SHEMP » June 13th, 2013, 8:35 pm

Hi Don
I am not sure if I gave you my email victorderus@gmail.com. Not sure if I got yours.
I was looking at your post on Yacht Forums about the "connecting piece " between your two hardtops.
I have this piece on my boat. It appears to be made out of an Acrylic or some other hard plastic. Its is not fiberglass.
It has three pieces of Lexan or Plexiglass as its window surfaces. Mine has a big crack at the top edge and it leaks . it appears that someone must have stepped on or dropped something on it and cracked it. I am not doing anything major at the moment to fix it , other than some sealant. I am however , planning to remove the entire piece and have it professionally repaired . I will let you know when I do this and maybe we can make a mold or use it as a template for you. In the meantime, you can consider that when you do this ( if you do) that the 'Connecting Piece" has no opening windows, the panels are fixed. Currently with your canvas "Connecting Piece" , you can remove it for fresh air etc. My Bridge and Aft deck have two A/C units , maybe yours does too. I will try to take some close up photos of the "Connecting piece" and send them to you.

I have a question for you. Do you have two fresh water tanks? Are they located under the Aft stateroom floor? I have two tanks i think maybe three? Not sure . The two that I know of are connected together and fill with only one deck fill fitting. One tank is under the berth and the other is at the foot of the stairs to the Aft stateroom starboard side. The one at the foot of the stairs is not accessible , unless if I remove the GLUED down carpet.It appears that my starboard side tank is leaking. It may not have been winterized properly and something cracked. I don't want to cut the carpet at this point. What is your experience with your fresh water tanks?

I know thats a long question.
I have free long distance across Canada maybe we can exchange numbers at some point to chat real time.

Thanks again
Victor

PS we 456 owners are a very small community, I would really like to know how many were built throughout the production years. according to information from "the Boat Buyers Guide " Motor Yachts and Trawlers version by Ed McKnew . The Carver 455/456 models were produced between 1996 and 2000.
my HULL ID is CDRX0003J900
In my owners guide a defintion for the HIN is given as follows

CDR- Carver Boat Corporation
XO - 455/456 model
003 - Hull Number
J - Month that the Hull was molded October
9 - Calendar year 1999
00 - Model year 2000
Last edited by SHEMP on November 9th, 2014, 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Canada
Preferred
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Preferred » June 17th, 2013, 1:18 pm

Hi Victor
I sent you an email, but for the records my hull # is CDRXO001D798 I guess that makes it hull # 1.
Don

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”