Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Greetings from the Tenn Tom

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Topic author United States of America
mbenner
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1993 Carver 300 Aft Cabin

Greetings from the Tenn Tom

Postby mbenner » October 27th, 2018, 11:38 am

Last April I purchased The Black Rose which was berthed in Green Turtle Bay at Grand Rivers, KY on the Cumberland River. I moved her to Midway Marina on the Tennessee Tombigbee waterway in May for refurbishing. Next May I will take her to Boat Tree Marina on the St Johns River at Sanford, FL, adjacent to Orlando. Over the years I have owned several boats, but this is my first Carver and so far I'm impressed. I'm hoping the Forum will be able to help me with advice during the refit/refurbishment. If I have any knowledge valuable to any Forum members, I'll be happy to share.
Michael Benner
The Black Rose
1993 Carver 300
mbenner1950@yahoo.com

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Re: Greetings from the Tenn Tom

Postby g36 » October 27th, 2018, 4:17 pm

Welcome. I also got my carver from green turtle bay. Very nice place. We brought her home 450 or so miles up the Tennessee to soddy daisy just north of chattanooga.
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » October 28th, 2018, 4:13 am

Welcome Aboard. You have come to the right place for anything to do with Carver boats. There is a wealth of knowledge here and many members willing to impart that knowledge to the rest of us.

So, ask away. Also, we love pics. Best of luck with your Carver.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » October 28th, 2018, 9:12 am

It's great to have you aboard Michael. I'm sure the crew can't wait to help. If you're having a marina do the work, it'd be cool if you were allowed to pop into the facility and take pics periodically so you can post them in your own refurbishing thread for the benefit of everyone. If you're doing the work yourself, even better.

Keep us posted.

United States of America
VolNavy91
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 400 CMY
1st Date
Paris Landing, TN

Postby VolNavy91 » March 21st, 2019, 5:44 pm

I think I remember seeing that boat at GTB when we bought ours last spring. One of my long term goals is to cruise the St John's river all the way to the Stanford area. The upper parts of the river look like a jungle cruise!

Canada
pepmyster
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2004 Carver 360 Sport Sedan
8.1 Volvo Penta
Fresh water boating

Postby pepmyster » March 22nd, 2019, 5:35 am

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!! :captain:

United States of America
kamakazerc
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: proud new owners of a 1988 3607 aft cabin,as of august 2018, and still have at this time our 1980 mariner 2896

Postby kamakazerc » March 24th, 2019, 12:33 pm

Welcome aboard !!!!! We bought out 1988 3607 in August, and had a great run taking it from Milwaukee where we bought it, 560 mi. To Au Gres MI ...home port. Also still have my 1980 2896, And I will be one to agree , Carvers are built like tanks. On one leg from muskegon to manistee, I had a good 4-5 hours of 8 to 10 ft seas, with no steering, (steering with engine only) and was never once, nervous or scared..... just exhaust... lol. Fixed steering hydraulics once in port! And so , also very seaworthy. Enjoy....... :)

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”