Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Looking hard at a 91 Carver 26 Command Bridge

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Topic author United States of America
mpstan
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1991 Carver 26

Looking hard at a 91 Carver 26 Command Bridge

Postby mpstan » November 13th, 2018, 12:06 am

Hi all,

Just finished looking at a boat that isn't seen much in Pacific NW, but appears to fill our needs for a transition boat. Just repowered with a new long block 383, original volvo penta outdrive, appears to be in very nice shape. My admiral and I are 6 years from retirement, and plan to cruise between Bellingham and Alaska and points between in a boat we can't yet afford.

So, for just weekend San Juan Island cruising, or Vancouver Island, we have been on a search for a "transition boat". This Carver 26 meets our objectives but with so few like this around I have the standard questions: are there any particular caveats with this model? Anyone else in the Puget Sound with one of these that can speak from experience? Are Carver boats of this size typically utilizing an exchanger and fresh water cooling (forgot to ask)?

Last question: with a command bridge and a bimini top, I don't see where radar would be easily installed, short of a radar arch over the bimini.

Thanks for any thoughts or advice for this newbie

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Re: Looking hard at a 91 Carver 26 Command Bridge

Postby RGrew176 » November 13th, 2018, 4:30 am

Welcome Aboard. Someone who has this same boat will be able to answer all your questions. Best of luck with the boat.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

United States of America
Flying Beagle
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1991 Command Bridge 26
Twin 4.3’s new in 2016
New outdrives in ‘17

Re: Looking hard at a 91 Carver 26 Command Bridge

Postby Flying Beagle » April 25th, 2019, 2:54 pm

I go for sea trial and survey on a 91 Command Bridge, but mine has twin 4.3’s.
Did you end up getting it?
16’ Ski Barge
22’ Sweetwater Pontoon
Sea Ray 225 Weekender
1991 Carver Command Bridge 26, new twin 4.3’s in ‘16, new outdrives in ‘17

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”