Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Hi all, from Australia.

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Topic author Australia
AussieCarver
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: looking to purchase a Carver 325 in Australia and would like to read some information. Joined both Carver groups on Facebook and followed this FB link to here :-)

Re: Hi all, from Australia.

Postby AussieCarver » February 23rd, 2019, 9:56 pm

bud37 wrote:Source of the post Heh there Pete....now I don't have a 325 ,but, the most efficient slow speed for fuel is at hull speed.....now for that you will need the waterline length, which my guess would be about 27 feet...that will give you the hull speed for a planing style hull.....just google the formula. I am going to guess again here about 6-7 knots tops, after that you are pushing water until on plane, very inefficient...

Thanks, bud37
It's hull speed or planning speed (anything in between the two is just pushing water), cheers :-)
I'll do the math on hull speed, now all I need is the minimum planning speed and I'm halfway through my quandry.

Cheers, Pete :-)

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”