Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Time to Move On

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Topic author United States of America
Sadey
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: Former owner of a 2003 Carver 356 with 8.1 Mercs
Agradecida
Current owner 1989 60’ Hatteras MY with 8v92 Detroit’s
Benedetto

Time to Move On

Postby Sadey » October 20th, 2019, 8:30 am

We bought Agradecida (grateful in Spanish), a 2003 356, last September. She was near perfect when we surveyed her. We spent the winter buffing and updating her electronics package in anticipation of our up coming summer. When it finally arrived we put her in the water in Racine Wisconsin in mid April. Mid June we left for our trip to Door County Wisconsin where we spent a month and a half living on her. About half way through our trip the admiral said "why do we have a boat, an apartment in Racine and a condo in Ft. Lauderdale? Why not live on our boat in Wisconsin and winter in Florida only". Well, I said this boat isn't quite big enough for us to live on especially when we have our boys return with girlfriends for visits. To which she replied "lets get a bigger boat". About a fraction of a millisecond later I was on the internet looking for our new to us summer home. Who am I to disobey a direct order from the admiral of our fleet (we have three boats)? So it is with sadden heart, I could have literally cried yesterday, we bid our Agradecida goodby. She is going to a new owner who I'm sure will love her and care for her almost as much as we did. Good bye sweet girl you treated us well!!
I'll continue to troll this forum which is a must bookmark for any Carver owner. Thank you all for the laughs, and invaluable information you have provided! Thank You!
I'll spend a majority of my online time on the Sams Marine web site which is a Hatteras owners forum just like this one. However I'll keep one eye here for the new owner's post and just general boating entertainment.
As for our new home, we bought a 1989 60' Hatteras Motor Yatch (Windfall). We searched the Great Lakes and upper midwest but couldn't find what we were looking for so we expanded our search to the east coast. Fortunately we found one in Stuart Florida that surveyed well and looked as good as Agradecida does. We plan to move Benedetto (blessed in italian) to Ft. Lauderdale shortly where she will live until May of 2020. That's when we will start our journey north with Benedetto to live in and for us to live on in Racine's Reef Pointe marina. One cool thing, she will berthed across the street from our Lauderdale condo on the New River where we can see her from our bed on the 28th floor. We always have cold refreshments and welcome any fellow boaters for a visit, just knock on our hull in either location.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thank you for the help!

Dave & Trina

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Time to Move On

Postby bud37 » October 20th, 2019, 8:45 am

Well done, that is a very nice boat and good luck with it..... :beergood:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » October 20th, 2019, 10:36 am

Nice boat Dave. Stick around, don't be a stranger. Hey, anytime you can't get an answer on that other forum, ask away here ;-)

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » October 20th, 2019, 10:51 am

Great choice on boats, both the 356 and the Hatteras. Two of my favorites in their various classes.

What is the 3rd boat?

I'm sure you'll have a blast on the trip back north next year. Sounds like fun!

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Postby Cooler » October 20th, 2019, 11:08 am

Congrats Dave & Trina! Can't wait to see Benedetto next season in Door County! We do have slips in Menominee up to 70'. Funny thing, when I used to run a foreign exchange student program here in Green Bay, one of my favorite students was from Sao Palo, Brazil. Her last name was Benedetto. Talk about coincidence, or is it? Love Hatteras Yachts! You moved up from Great Lake boat to an offshore vessel for sure! 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

Sadey
First Mate
First Mate
Agradecida
Benedetto

Postby Sadey » October 20th, 2019, 11:24 am

Currently we have a 20 Grady White called: Watch Out For Snakes or as well call it “Snakes”. We also have a 16’ Tracker Grizzly with a 40HP Merc that will go up for sale when we return. We plan to start the search for a RIB to tend Benedetto soon.
Cooler, that is such a great name and sure is a funny coincidence. By the way we still haven't had that cocktail. We plan to head your way again next year so see you then. How about we start on your boat then we will bring the party to ours?
I won’t be a stranger but a lurker and thank you for the well wishes all!
Thank you for the help!

Dave & Trina

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Postby Cooler » October 20th, 2019, 11:41 am

Great idea! As your plan evolves, communicate your arrival dates. I will co-ordinate with the dock master to make sure an accommodation is available for Benedetto! Finally, just FYI, the seasonal rate for 60' slip is $3750 for 2019. Will not go up much if any for 2020. Marina is officially open on May 15. Full facilities. If interested, go to website and submit application as soon as it makes sense for you. All of Door County is basically 18 to 25 miles across, Chambers Island is 10 miles. Getting excited for next season! Between each of our boats, we will spend most of the summer in DC. 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

Sadey
First Mate
First Mate
Agradecida
Benedetto

Postby Sadey » October 20th, 2019, 2:08 pm

As beautiful as Green Bay and Menominee is its a little to long of a commute for me. I still punch a clock out of Chicago so it's has to be visits only. Makes the area that much nicer right? See you in the spring!!
Thank you for the help!

Dave & Trina

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » October 21st, 2019, 1:28 am

Congrats on the new yacht. Sounds like a great plan. Living on the boat in the spring, summer, fall and winters in Florida. Hope it works out just the way you are planning it.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

United States of America
mjk1040
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1998 355 AC/MY "Deja Vu"

Postby mjk1040 » October 21st, 2019, 5:51 am

Damn, sure wish my admiral would suggest this! Gr8 boat, enjoy!
Mike :down:
I'd Rather Be Boating!
1989 Sea Ray Seville
1986 Carver Mariner 32'
1990's Thompson 22' Cuddy Cabin
1990's 4Winns 245 Vista Cruiser
1980's Thompson 19' Open Bow

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”