Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

First time boat owner

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Re: First time boat owner

Postby tomschauer » October 27th, 2019, 8:00 pm

That's the GM converted diesel from the 80's, Its direct bolt up for the 7.4 liter gas motor I do believe. Although the trans would have had to be replaced with a higher ratio for the lower RPM operation.

I'm sure you know that you need at least a 6 pack license and commercial insurance to carry paying passengers?

Topic author United States of America
Gachong
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1977 Carver Santa Cruz 2866 7.3 diesel motor

Postby Gachong » October 27th, 2019, 9:37 pm

AaHubb wrote:Source of the post Welcome aboard. What part of our state are you boating in?
..Aaron

I’ll be doing the most on the West coast of Washington. But not opposed to do some whale watching at the San Juan islands.

Gachong
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Gachong » October 27th, 2019, 9:40 pm

Cooler wrote:Source of the post Looked up the original brochure for your Santa Cruz. Appears Carver did not offer a diesel, so someone down the line did a repower. Seeing as it was a commercial charter, you have some comfort in knowing it passed the inspections that commercial boats are required to do. Yippee! Diesel will offer you a lot of advantages. Here is a link:
https://carveryachts.blob.core.windows. ... 7/1977.pdf 8-) er

I saw a similar one like this but not as detailed as this! Thanks! Yeah I’m pretty excited about it. It is already licensed for commercial use.

Gachong
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Gachong » October 27th, 2019, 9:41 pm

AaHubb wrote:Source of the post Welcome aboard. What part of our state are you boating in?
..Aaron

Mainly the West coast. But not opposed to whale watching at the San Juan islands.

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » October 28th, 2019, 1:26 am

Welcome Aboard. You have a unique boat there.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Gachong
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Gachong » October 28th, 2019, 2:49 am

tomschauer wrote:Source of the post That's the GM converted diesel from the 80's, Its direct bolt up for the 7.4 liter gas motor I do believe. Although the trans would have had to be replaced with a higher ratio for the lower RPM operation.

I'm sure you know that you need at least a 6 pack license and commercial insurance to carry paying passengers?

I’ve been doing some research about the 6 pack. I found out that I can either do commercial fishing or sport fishing but not both, unless I’m fishing for tuna here in Washington.

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”