Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Sliding window rubber track replacement.

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Topic author United States of America
wbatkiewicz
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1991 Carver Model 33 Aft Cabin with hard top

Sliding window rubber track replacement.

Postby wbatkiewicz » February 9th, 2020, 7:39 pm

I have a 1991 Model 33 aft cabin that requires replacing the sliding window rubber window tracks in the main salon. I have purchased the new rubber tracks from Steele Rubber products but cannot figure out how to remove the windows so I can replace the rubber tacks. Any ideas would be appreciated.

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Re: Sliding window rubber track replacement.

Postby Cooler » February 10th, 2020, 1:07 pm

Are you sure they are rubber tracks, and not pile weather striping? Have not seen rubber gaskets in windows that slide. 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

United States of America
1992330aftcabin
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1992 330 Carver aft cabin

Postby 1992330aftcabin » February 10th, 2020, 8:09 pm

Hello, I have a 92 330 aft cabin and would like to do the same job. Check all your window tracks, I think you will find them to be pile weather striping as cooler stated. I’m looking for a way to replace my tracks with no luck. Let me know what you come up with. Thanks Mike.

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Postby Cooler » February 11th, 2020, 11:13 am

1992330 - another thread was recently posted regarding the same question. Here is a cut & paste of answer from another poster. "" Try dkhardware.com CRL Z78295C Zipper Pile Weatherstrip .270" Backing - .250" Pile Height - 100' Roll. I just finished rebuilding all the salon windows on a 3807. One inch wide thin plastic scraper will allow
you to push it in. To do all the salon and aft windows I used almost 400 ft. Replacing all. I removed all windows to make the job go easier. If window sliding is tough, insert eplastics.com Slick Strips UHMW Sheet and Tape is a product line that we have been producing for over 25 years. Slick Strips reduce friction on all surfaces. Wherever you need to increase sliding action. We now can move our large salon windows with one finger."" Good luck! 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”