Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

1999 356 swim platform hand hold

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Topic author United States of America
WATERY TART
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1999 CARVER 356

1999 356 swim platform hand hold

Postby WATERY TART » May 4th, 2020, 7:49 pm

I am in the chicago area would like to replace the swim platform hand hold on my 1999 356. Where can i find an original part?

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Re: 1999 356 swim platform hand hold

Postby g36 » May 4th, 2020, 10:30 pm

If it looks like on my 405 then here you go... https://www.westmarine.com/buy/harken--handhold--188578. I would suggest probing the area around the hole when you take out the old one and check for rot, remove any and epoxy . You can epoxy all the edges and enlarge the screw holes fill with epoxy and redrill them so no core can ever get wet. If you haven't and have the oem deck box you should remove it and check for rot around screw holes in the deck and also enlarge and epoxy them cause carver didn't seal them.
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”