Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Great Britain
PossiblyPaul
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Hornbill III
1988 Carver 2827 Voyager,Volvo Penta TAMD31 engines.
Ardglass Marina, County Down

Re: New Member

Postby PossiblyPaul » August 6th, 2020, 4:36 pm

Hello, everyone, My son and I are new owners of a relatively old Carver 2827 Voyager (1988) but very enthused at having a bit more space and speed than our previous Fisher 25. The boat has a brace of Penta TAMD31s, so not supersonic, but good. Going through the cleanup/inspect and test /service phase now on her, and getting there, getting there...

Main issues found so far are the failure of the trim tabs to function at all, but working through Bennett's maintenance videos to find solutions, smoky starboard engine (Penta TAMD31) and very hard throttle on that one, but otherwise looking good. Learning the 4-handle approach to piloting is a learning curve, but Son is good at that sort of thing (Fisher 25 has 1 throttle, and an inbuilt sense of optimism).

We're in Northern Ireland, at a brilliant and friendly little marina in Ardglass. A couple of decent pubs nearby waiting for the Virus to go away. Unfortunately, most ports and marinas in this part of the world aren't happy at seeing strangers at the moment, but we have Stern Measures which allow it.

If there's anyone else around in this region, get in touch; sourcing spares, replacements etc is always easier when someone else has already had the pain of finding them!
Funga Safari

United States of America
waybomb
CYO Moderator
CYO Moderator
Vessel Info: 1995 Boston Whaler Rage15
1987 3697 Carver Mariner
1988 Cougar 46 Kevlar Vee offshore
1969 15' Glasspar / 1967 Johnson Electromatic 85
1996 Boston Whaler Rage 15

Postby waybomb » August 6th, 2020, 6:04 pm

Welcome aboard possibly Paul!
I love that Jameson special reserve my friends from Ireland bring. Can't find it over here in the states.
Thanks
Fred
1969 Glaspar Avalon /1969 Johnson Electromatic 85
1987 Carver Mariner
1988 Cougar Kevlar 46' with triple blown 572 ci
1995 Boston Whaler Rage
Past - 1988 2807, 1989 4207 Aft

United States of America
kfehriba
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 91 Carver 430 CPMY

Postby kfehriba » August 6th, 2020, 11:42 pm

Congratulations! So you are the new owners of "INNTW"? I was keeping an eye on that one. The Herbon family inspired us that a 430 CPMY might be the right boat for our family's Great Loop adventure and often times an inspiration that we need to do it sooner than later.

I'd be interested in hearing how the solar/inverter system works for y'all and how much it negates the need for the generator. It is on my wish list project for when we get one, at a minimum to build out the inverter and charging system.

Smooth waters and many great memories.

Topic author Canada
jema
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1991 Carver 430 Aft Cabin. Twin Cumins 6BTA 5.9

Postby jema » August 7th, 2020, 6:36 am

I’ll let you know whenever I get my hands on it :-D
Mike is delivering the boat to Port Huron tomorrow. It will sit there for a few more days yet while I get it ‘imported’. I hope to have it on my side of the river by the end of next week. The COVID border closure has been difficult to say the least.

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”