Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Help on Purchase

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Help on Purchase

Postby bud37 » September 5th, 2020, 7:45 pm

bonddav wrote:Source of the post I’m looking for a 356 can anyone tell me if the engine are hard to work on in the engine room if it’s very tight

Welcome to the forum...

There are lots of boats with tight engine rooms so there is more living space, most things on a boat are a trade off/compromise . Really it all depends on your size and skill, that is how subjective it is. But I will admit that if you do all your own maintenance then the engine room size is very important and high up the list for consideration.

You will probably be well over 40' before the engine rooms open up to climb in roomy...... :-D
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
True-North
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 355 Aft Cabin, lower helm station, Crusader 454 XLi engines, owner since 2007.

Postby True-North » September 10th, 2020, 2:37 pm

I’ve had my 1997 355 with Crusaders for 13 years, no issues with the motors. Just clicked over 1000 hours last weekend. Zero oil consumption. Good luck!

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Postby tomschauer » September 10th, 2020, 3:01 pm

As with most boats of this size, yes the engine room is tight.
To replace the starboard side raw water impeller, I have to remove the heat exchanger so I can fit into the hole to access the pump. If I didn't have a generator it would be accessible. The port side is no problem for regular maintenance.
The out board sides of both engines are tight if you need to replace manifolds.

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”