Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

I recently purchased 2004 Carver Mariner 360 and am looking for parts

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Topic author United States of America
Patchesjake
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Carver Marniner 360 2004

I recently purchased 2004 Carver Mariner 360 and am looking for parts

Postby Patchesjake » November 14th, 2020, 10:35 am

At the moment I'm looking for a backplate black which has the Two ignition switches and I believe three other switches which are on the bridge.also
I have had a mechanic working on both of my engines for over 6 months and he has not been able to fix either one I am way past considering on fire I just don't know who to use next. I am in Urbanna Virginia area.
Apparently all the water that's poured into the heat exchange disappears no apparent reason it has been rumored that the gasket is in backwards he swears it is not. He says he's following the mechanical information in the carver book however others have told me that the information is wrong. I'm simply waiting for him to put it all back together and let him go and try again. I've only spoke for 8 months and I've never taken it out yet.

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Re: I recently purchased 2004 Carver Mariner 360 and am looking for parts

Postby km1125 » November 14th, 2020, 2:16 pm

Welcome aboard!

Lots to unpack in that post. Probably better to create a thread for each issue. Are you actually missing the plate where the ignition switches are mounted?

Is the boat in the water?

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Re: I recently purchased 2004 Carver Mariner 360 and am looking for parts

Postby Viper » November 14th, 2020, 6:23 pm

Ya best to start a thread for each problem. For the engine issues, it helps if you give us make and model of the engines so we can be more specific with our answers.

Following the Carver information in the book for an engine issue doesn't make sense to me. For engine diagnostics, you need an engine manual from the engine manufacturer or aftermarket publisher, not the boat manufacturer.

By "water" in the exchanger, I assume you mean coolant. There's only a few places that can go; into the engine, into the bilge, or out the exhaust. Have they pressurized the cooling system? What gasket are you referring to, an exhaust manifold gasket? If so, I assume the manifolds are closed cooling (have coolant)?

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”