Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

New to Carver

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Topic author
Dpoelstra
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Re: New to Carver

Postby Dpoelstra » April 30th, 2013, 12:22 am

I should also note that I did in fact buy the boat I was looking at.

Dan

*****edit...I just noticed that I said (typo) that I didn't buy the boat I was looking at, when I DID buy the Carver.
Dan
"Brown Eyed Girl"
1981 Carver 3007 30ft. Aft Cabin
Huntington Harbour, Ca

"But why's the rum gone....?"

AndrewGraydon
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1981 3007, "Shin Eh"

Postby AndrewGraydon » June 24th, 2013, 1:27 pm

I'd love to hear how you get on with your new boat and your impressions now you own her ! I've been cruising for the last 5 years in a 3007 on the Great Lakes here in Canada. I had looked at 3207s and 3607s from the same age but went for the smaller boat as better space utilisation for the buck. Never looked back yet !

Topic author
Dpoelstra
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Dpoelstra » August 23rd, 2013, 1:17 am

I am spending most of my time aboard...as a most of the time live aboard. The 3007 is a great boat for what I need. I miss having a cockpit, but to get this much boatin a 30 foot package is amazing. My boat is in amazing shape for a boat this age...the only downside is that I am a pretty good size guy, and the door ways and stuff are narrow for me. I love the room, my kids love the separate sleeping areas, I love the down galley. I would have liked a centerline larger bed, but so many things a compromises. This boat truly has the room of a much larger boat...I am very happy with her. She is one of the best looking Carvers (sorry Mariner skippers...), and is big enough to impress my kids friends, yet small enough to be relatively inexpensive to keep and maintain.
Dan
"Brown Eyed Girl"
1981 Carver 3007 30ft. Aft Cabin
Huntington Harbour, Ca

"But why's the rum gone....?"

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”