Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Location of Flybridge GFCI outlet in 2008 Marquis 59

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Topic author Canada
Perspective
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2008 Marquis 59

Location of Flybridge GFCI outlet in 2008 Marquis 59

Postby Perspective » October 18th, 2021, 7:36 pm

I have a new (to me) 2008 Marquis 59. I can't seem to find the GFCI outlet for the 120v outlets in the flybridge. I can find 2 outlets in the flybridge - one beside the icemaker and one beside the electric bbq. Neither are GFCI's. The breaker for External Receptacles is on, but no power at either of these. There must be a 3rd outlet somewhere which is the GFCI and it is tripped. 2004 owners manual (all I have) says there is an outlet in the aft cockpit area but it apparently isn't on the 2008 model. Can anybody elucidate me as the whereabouts of the External Receptacle outlets on their 2008?
Marquis 59 - "Perspective"

Life's not a dress rehearsal.....

Canada
Tireless
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 2006 Carver 44 CMY
Volvo Penta D6 370 HP

Re: Location of Flybridge GFCI outlet in 2008 Marquis 59

Postby Tireless » October 19th, 2021, 12:34 pm

There may not be a GFCI plug that is causing your issue. On some Carvers, like my 44 CMY there were two large plugs or connections to be unplugged if you want to remove the fly bridge for transportation. They are black and allow the lines to be disconnected without having to cut the wires. Mine started to fail and become unclipped, which interrupted the power to the plugs on the fly bridge, specifically to my ice maker, which is not GFCI’ed. I followed the wires from the plug to where it went down into the electrical panel and discovered the plug in a storage area under a seat where I store my maps and charts.

I recommend that to trace the wires in your fly bridge to see if you can locate a large black plastic plug. See the attached pictures. I believe these would be installed in a place where they are accessible, which can be disturbed and break the connection.

I replaced my plugs with a water proof junction box and hard wired them with butt connectors. Problem solved.

Hope this helps.

Greg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author Canada
Perspective
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2008 Marquis 59

Re: Location of Flybridge GFCI outlet in 2008 Marquis 59

Postby Perspective » October 19th, 2021, 1:21 pm

Thanks Greg! I'll start tracing the wires - maybe it's a similar problem.
Marquis 59 - "Perspective"

Life's not a dress rehearsal.....

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”