Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

It's On Order!

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Topic author
dirtdoc1
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2013 Carver C34

It's On Order!

Postby dirtdoc1 » January 4th, 2014, 10:04 pm

Hello everyone, it's nice to be a part of the Carver family. I hear that Carver takes care of it's customers. That is nice to hear. I am running up to Sausalito on Monday to sign papers and give them a check. The C34 is in AZ and will hopefully be delivered in the next week or two. I'm actually buying this boat sight unseen and am a little nervous about that. I'm told that it will be the first of the new C series Carver's in the San Francisco Bay Area. That is pretty exciting. They are even borrowing it back so they can show it in the S.F. boat show in late January.

I am coming from a 25' Skip Jack so I am a little nervous about the ability of the Carver to handle heavy seas, logs in the delta, etc. compared to the Skip Jack with it's thick double hull with floating foam in between. The C34 looks like it's pretty sea worthy and got a very good review by Boattest.com. They said that it's a very solid and responsive boat. I guess I'll find out. The Skip Jack may have been tough but I would get beat up in chop and with it's 8' beam and deep V hull it would lean horribly when someone moved around while under way. I think the 34' with it's 13' beam and spacious cabin is going to be so much more user friendly. Anyway, I guess that's about it.

Cheers!

United States of America
Ramsport47
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 310 Santego

Re: It's On Order!

Postby Ramsport47 » January 5th, 2014, 6:23 am

Welcome and congratulations on the C34! I've looked at it at several boat shows and really like the boat. You'll have to give us a real world review after you've used it for a bit as we all know that boattest.com pretty much loves every boat they test. I'm sure you will love the Carver as we are on our 3rd and already planning the fourth, even though we just got our 310 in spring this year. Which engines does yours have? Genny?, Thruster(s)?
Kenny
1998 Carver 310 Santego
T-Merc 350 Mag MPI (300hp)
Port: Cedar Point Marina, Sandusky, Ohio

United States of America
waybomb
CYO Moderator
CYO Moderator
Vessel Info: 1995 Boston Whaler Rage15
1987 3697 Carver Mariner
1988 Cougar 46 Kevlar Vee offshore
1969 15' Glasspar / 1967 Johnson Electromatic 85
1996 Boston Whaler Rage 15

Postby waybomb » January 5th, 2014, 9:31 am

Glad you are here - read about your choice on another site.
Welcome, and yes, please, post reviews as you use it.
Thanks
Fred
1969 Glaspar Avalon /1969 Johnson Electromatic 85
1987 Carver Mariner
1988 Cougar Kevlar 46' with triple blown 572 ci
1995 Boston Whaler Rage
Past - 1988 2807, 1989 4207 Aft

Topic author
dirtdoc1
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2013 Carver C34

Postby dirtdoc1 » January 11th, 2014, 8:11 pm

Ramsport47 wrote:Welcome and congratulations on the C34! I've looked at it at several boat shows and really like the boat. You'll have to give us a real world review after you've used it for a bit as we all know that boattest.com pretty much loves every boat they test. I'm sure you will love the Carver as we are on our 3rd and already planning the fourth, even though we just got our 310 in spring this year. Which engines does yours have? Genny?, Thruster(s)?

Hi Ramsport!

It has two 5.7L Mercs for a total of 600hp - not a lot of power for an 18000lb boat. But the specs are about the same as my Skip Jack and that was plenty fast for me (26 mph cruise, 30+ WOT). It's got a gas Kohler 7.5KW genset, Bow Thruster, you can get a stern thruster but for a boat that size is probably overkill. I really stretched my wallet to get it so I didn't go crazy with the options. I could have gotten a lot more with a used 36 Super Sport but I did the used boat thing and I don't want to repeat that experience. People usually (not always) sell their boats when they know that the next dry dock is going to cost them big time. I didn't want to start sinking money into a boat as soon as I got it. I bought the 6 year extended warranty that covers everything. With the MFG warranties I don't need to worry about anything more than zincs and bottom paint for the next 8 years. The engine waranty was only $1600 per engine for an additional six years! You get a lot for your money with Carver.

I will be sure to give you a review once I put some hours on it. I'm brutally honest so I won't hold anything back just because I own it. So far the Carver and Silver Seas Yachts folks have been very helpful. My one complaint is the lack of knowledge of their product. It is a brand new boat so I guess I should cut them some slack. BUT, if I was selling something I would know it inside and out.

Thanks for your interest!
:usa:

Dave

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”