Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

1977 carver santa cruz 2566 water heater

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Topic author United States of America
precup@comcast.net
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1977 carver santa cruz 2566

1977 carver santa cruz 2566 water heater

Postby precup@comcast.net » January 15th, 2022, 1:38 pm

Hi -
I've got a 1977 carver santa cruz 2566 and when I plug in the water heater (which heats the water), my fresh water pump seems to pulsate and not run steady. This happens only when I plug the hot water heater in. My lines are clear without kinks, and the hoses that run from the water heater to the engine are not in use. (so no heating of the water using the engine which is a 351 Windsor)

Any ideas?

Cheers
Steve

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Re: 1977 carver santa cruz 2566 water heater

Postby km1125 » January 15th, 2022, 2:07 pm

I wonder if you have air trapped in the water heater, so when the heater is on that air expand and is being compressed with the water pump.

When it "pulsates", are you getting any air out of the hot water side or just see surging in the flow of the water?

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Re: 1977 carver santa cruz 2566 water heater

Postby Viper » January 16th, 2022, 12:25 am

Welcome aboard Steve. I agree with KM. Open up your hot water taps in hopes of purging all the air in the tank. You should get a clean stream of water with no spurts or spitting when all the air is gone. You may have to do this again after the water heats up. You should also check for system leaks, heat might expand a bad or loose fitting or faucet just enough to start leaking when it's hot. Also check and see if you have a check valve in one of the water heater ports that might be bad. It'll just look like a brass fitting right on the tank where you hook up a water line. Keep us posted.

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”