Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

New Member - Carver Allegra 3087

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Topic author
BrettStock
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver Allegra 3087. Dual Mercruiser 5.7's with Bravo II's.

New Member - Carver Allegra 3087

Postby BrettStock » January 18th, 2014, 7:42 pm

Hi, I am new to the group. I have a 1989 Carver Allegra 3087 that I purchased in the spring of 2012, so I have ran it for 2 summers now. They only made this model for 2 years (89 & 90). I'm not sure why, but because it was a 2 year model run, I have only seen one other boat that's the same model as mine. Hopefully there are a few more of us on this forum. I have been very happy with it. I am in Minnesota and I have had it slipped in the Twin Cities where the Mississippi & St Croix Rivers converge. I use it mostly on the St Croix, but we do use it on the Mississippi now & then.

The boat is equipped with a pair of Mercruiser 5.7's with Bravo II's. It has about 1050 total hours & it has always been in fresh water. Since I bought it, it has received a lot of maintenance and upgrades. She is 25 years old, but I am trying to modernize it & bring her back to as close to new condition as I can, and upgrading as many systems as I can. Recent upgrades include: 1) New 11 gallon water heater 2) New custom black canvas cockpit cover and matching bimini top covers The bimini covers are not pictured. The canvas shop did not have them ready yet when these pics were taken 3) New bottom paint 4) New stereo system with 2 amps, a 12" subwoofer, Kenwood marine cd/Satellite/Ipod head unit (mounted in weatherproof enclosure), & 8 speakers (including 2 Bose surface mount waterproof speakers for up on the bow) 5) New screens were sewn into the camper top 6) Engine tune ups 7) New props 8) New rope for the Windlass anchor 9) 32" LCD tv mounted on a custom Peerless bracket to the wall below deck. Attached to it are a dvd player & I ran cable tv hookups to the back 10) It did not come equipped with A/C, so I bought a "Carry On" hatch air conditioner for now, until I can get a system permanently installed 11) Reupholstered the pair of tanning pads that snap in up on the bow 12) The hull was totally buffed, and all of the old decals were removed 13) Then I installed 3' long, new style "CARVER YACHTS" decals (with the new Carver logo) on both sides below the radar arch (also not pictured here yet) 14) New speedometer and depth sounder with new gauges

Next on the upgrade list is getting the seats reupholstered in the cockpit area. And new carpet below deck. And I am planning to have a new triple axle trailer made for it this spring by a local trailer builder. I am getting sick of the limitations of what I can do to my boat at the marina. I want to be able to bring it to my shop so I can do more maintenance and upgrades. I am considering reupholstering the couches below deck also. I am not a big fan of the teal blue color. But that might have to wait til next winter. Anyhow, that's most of the story for me and this boat since I acquired it.

United States of America
waybomb
CYO Moderator
CYO Moderator
Vessel Info: 1995 Boston Whaler Rage15
1987 3697 Carver Mariner
1988 Cougar 46 Kevlar Vee offshore
1969 15' Glasspar / 1967 Johnson Electromatic 85
1996 Boston Whaler Rage 15

Re: New Member - Carver Allegra 3087

Postby waybomb » January 19th, 2014, 11:00 am

Welcome!
Nice boat.
Sure is cheaper fixing it up than buying a new one, eh?
Thanks
Fred
1969 Glaspar Avalon /1969 Johnson Electromatic 85
1987 Carver Mariner
1988 Cougar Kevlar 46' with triple blown 572 ci
1995 Boston Whaler Rage
Past - 1988 2807, 1989 4207 Aft

Topic author
BrettStock
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver Allegra 3087. Dual Mercruiser 5.7's with Bravo II's.

Re: New Member - Carver Allegra 3087

Postby BrettStock » January 19th, 2014, 11:27 am

Thanks, and yes it's definitely cheaper. But it's a hell of a lot more work! But soon most of the major stuff that I want to take care of will be done & I can spend more time boating and less time doing updating and maintenance.

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”