Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

New owner has questions

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Canada
Grafunkus
Captain
Captain
Vessel Info: 1982 33' Carver Mariner
1985 3607 Carver Aft Cabin

Re: New owner has questions

Postby Grafunkus » March 15th, 2022, 10:22 pm

Welcome aboard. If it is a longer fix, you might be able to get liability only coverage first, then add physical damage coverage later. The liability coverage is probably what the marina is looking for. I know in Canada, you don't legally have to have any insurance. It is generally the marina looking for the liability. {I am an insurance broker)

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Postby tomschauer » March 15th, 2022, 10:30 pm

A friend of my wife bought a 300 searay flybridge about 7 years ago. She said she wasn't going to get insurance because she only paid 20k and it was paid in full no loan (you do not have to insure a boat legally in Maryland). While on her boat getting ready to pull out of the slip, I pointed out several boats very near worth 100k to 1m. I told her that's why you need insurance. If you have a problem and bounce off of one of them, plan to spend at least 10k for a minimal scrape.
She insured her boat the next day.

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » March 16th, 2022, 2:35 am

In this day and age I cannot imagine why anyone would not want to have their boat covered by insurance just in case something bad happens.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » March 16th, 2022, 8:35 am

twisterapp wrote:Source of the post Thanks everyone for the info, there was only one blower in the engine compartment but insurance said we have to have two so paying for a complete intallation of blower and vents. The surveyor agrees with insurance and does not know why it would be manufactured with only one. I truely appreciate all the help!

I have a hard time believing that Carver wouldn't have installed two blowers if they were required at the time of construction. That, and the statement that the surveyor said the port blower was inoperative instead of "missing". It's possible that a previous owner removed a defective blower thinking that he still had a working one which he thought might be enough.

I would expect the wiring to be in place, but perhaps you'd need some new hose along with the new blower if they ripped that out too.

Please post up when you get it resovled!

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Postby g36 » March 16th, 2022, 2:31 pm

Seems like the surveyor should have looked more or taken a pick of the area, rather than just check off there's only one and moved on
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”