Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Trojan / Carver 440 Express main cabin sliding door

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Topic author United States of America
Boo's Cruiser
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1996 Trojan (Carver) 440 Express

Trojan / Carver 440 Express main cabin sliding door

Postby Boo's Cruiser » May 16th, 2022, 12:29 pm

Greetings -

Just purchased a 1996 Express 440 and have found the glides on the main cabin door are worn out. The glass door seems fine though. Does anyone have any ideas for a source for parts? Thank you! Given the age of the boat, I expect I might be posting here with lots of questions.

Best,

TS - Boo's Cruiser

Netherlands
Phrancus
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: Sold: Carver 26 Command Bridge / 280 sedan 1992.

Re: Trojan / Carver 440 Express main cabin sliding door

Postby Phrancus » May 16th, 2022, 2:18 pm

Same problem with the sliding doors here (1992 26) metal to metal at the moment, literally a sliding door. Haven't taken the time yet to take it apart....
Share your Carver experiences, share marine life. Donate when you can but post what your Carver adds to your life too!

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Postby Cooler » May 17th, 2022, 11:17 am

If possible, remove the worn out part and bring that to a local marine store. They are available, a friend of mine just replaced his one on a 94 Sea Ray 420. I believe it is a Perko part, and can be aquired through Land & Sea. 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

Canada
FoxyFlamingo
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2001 Carver 396 Aft Cabin Motor Yacht
370 HP Cummins Diesels (2)

Postby FoxyFlamingo » May 23rd, 2022, 9:39 pm

I just took ownership of a 2001 Carver 396. I also have an issue with the sliding pocket door between the salon and the guest stateroom. The door is not hanging level. When closed, the top of the door touches the wall end of the upper track, but the bottom of the door is about 1.5” away from the wall. It looks like it just needs to be adjusted, but I can’t figure out how to get at the adjusters. Can anyone help me get this door to hang right? Thanks
Brian Smith & Louise McSheffrey
MY Foxy Flamingo
2001 Carver 396 ACMY
Fredericton, New Brunswick
Canada
Brian.Smith@foxyflamingo.ca

United States of America
Pura Vida
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 93 Carver Mariner 330. 2X 350XL Crusaders

Postby Pura Vida » May 24th, 2022, 9:53 pm

I recently fixed our door. The rollers needed adjustment...very simple, there are screw adjustments on the bottom end of each side of each door. Hopefully pic comes through.
My track was worn and damaged, I installed this track repair - without even removing the door. Loosened the door with the adjustment rollers, slid this track topper in and seated it. Almost like new.
A few tricks to the install, but an average diy job. If you try this, make sure the factory ends are butted together.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”