Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

2001 396 aft Cabin bildge pumps location?

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Topic author United States of America
paulr
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 396 CY Aft Cabin 2001 8.1 Crusaders

2001 396 aft Cabin bildge pumps location?

Postby paulr » March 19th, 2023, 8:50 am

I recently aquired a 2001 396 Carver Aft Cabin.
I am not able to locate the aft bildge pump or the forward bildge pump.
The forward bildge is not under any of the access panels in the forward state room.
There is no access panel on the galley floor. I imagine its in the engine room behind the generator but I have yet to find it.
Regarding the aft bildge pump. I pulled up the carpet in the aft state room and removed all the access panels and no bildge pump. I did find the shower sump pump.
Could it be that Carver would hide the aft bildge pump under the shower sump? If so, you would have to remove all the drain hoses from the shower sump and the tub just to check the if the bilge pump functions. Would Carver actually do that or did the previous owner change things? I am the 3rd owner.
My marina neighbor has the same boat but a 2003. The forward bildge pump is under an access plate on the galley floor and the rear bildge pump is easily accessable under an access cover in the aft state room.
When I had the boat surveyed the surveyor noted the lack of easy access to to pumps an "area of concern and needs to be addressed".
Any comments are greatly appreciated.

United States of America
buster53
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2001, Carver 356

Re: 2001 396 aft Cabin bildge pumps location?

Postby buster53 » March 19th, 2023, 10:00 am

Why not touch base with your surveyor and ask?
And, just a suggestion, but going forward, anytime you have a boat surveyed, shadow your surveyor and have a running conversation. Had you done this, the bilge pump topic would have been discussed as to how hard they were to be found and how difficult it would be to service them.

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”