Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Re: New member

Postby g36 » September 9th, 2023, 9:25 pm

Welcome aboard
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Postby g36 » September 9th, 2023, 9:26 pm

Sorry duplicate post
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Topic author Canada
JohnMac
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Carver Montego 32 Dual Cabin

Postby JohnMac » October 2nd, 2023, 10:35 am

Thanks everyone.

Buster53. It is indeed a lot of boat to put on a trailer. I'm really only planning on using the trailer to store the boat over winter so as to reduce haul out and blocking fees. Should I need to trailer the boat from one location to another I would contract that out to someone who does it and has the right tow vehicle.

Topic author Canada
JohnMac
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Carver Montego 32 Dual Cabin

Postby JohnMac » October 2nd, 2023, 10:46 am

Thanks everyone. The boat will be winterized and stored in the present marina this year and we will bring it home by water when the locks open again next May.

buster 53. Yes. I don't plan on trailering the boat but rather looking for a trailer to store the boat over winters. I live and boat in the Kawartha Lakes area and have very limited access to outfits that have hydraulic trailers to launch and retrieve the vessel at the beginning and end of the season. Lots of access to contractors with trucks heavy enough to do the job so it would be a plus to coordinate with those schedules instead. Hoping I'm not being too naive or optimistic about doing that.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » October 2nd, 2023, 10:58 am

JohnMac wrote:Source of the post I don't plan on trailering the boat but rather looking for a trailer to store the boat over winters.

Whatever trailer you decide on , make sure the trailer fits the boat hull properly, bunks are best.....a lot of glass boats are damaged on ill fitting trailers......good luck with your search.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”