Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

New 1990 3608 Owner

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Re: New 1990 3608 Owner

Postby km1125 » November 30th, 2023, 9:33 am

When I got my first bridge boat, I was pleasantly surprised at the different perspective when sitting at the helm. I had a ~15 min cruise down a river to get to open water and that became a REALLY pleasant ride, because of the improved view.

Even on open water it's better.

Topic author Canada
Jigjag
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1990 3608 Carver

Re: New 1990 3608 Owner

Postby Jigjag » December 16th, 2023, 4:21 pm

Hi fellow Carver owners and thank you for the warm welcome!
@Cooler, I read that the Gen V came out in 1991 with the electric fuel pumps. I know on my Silverton it was in 1996. This boat definitely handles differently with the inboards vs the I/O's. I need to replace the distributer and cap on the port engine. I found the previous person working on the engine replaced the cap with an automotive one. It had silver points in the cap instead of the brass. It started running rough towards the end of season and misfired after coming off of plane.

@Midnightsun It's an awesome change! I've got my own state room with a full head and plenty of space for all my clothes, kitchen has a stove with an oven...deep sink. The list of awesomeness goes on! :-D

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”