Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Newby needing advice

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

United States of America
Max Sand
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1999 Carver 530 Voyager Pilothouse

Re: Newby needing advice

Postby Max Sand » February 12th, 2024, 7:47 pm

$20-32k. If it has upgraded electronics, and runs and shows flawless you can be over $30k. Gas engines hurt the value. Best of luck.
Aaaarrrrggghhhh, avast matey!

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Postby g36 » February 14th, 2024, 7:12 pm

Max Sand wrote:Source of the post $20-32k. If it has upgraded electronics, and runs and shows flawless you can be over $30k. Gas engines hurt the value. Best of luck.

I wouldn't totally agree that gas engines hurt the value. Yeah diesel boats usually cost more and many people won't work on diesels as easy as a gas boat. Every boat doesn't need diesels. Depending on your location and useage diesel engines can be more of a deterent. If your not putting a lot of hours or running any distance it's not that beneficial. Youll end up with old fuel and could be other issues. Also and in the area I'm at diesel fuel isn't that available at most docks. May be way different where you are .
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » February 15th, 2024, 12:23 pm

Was the 3227 even available with diesels? I'd be surprised if it was. If one had diesels, I'd look closely at the retrofit, as it could create more issues if not done properly.

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”