Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Insurance?

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

United States of America
Sadey
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: Former owner of a 2003 Carver 356 with 8.1 Mercs
Agradecida
Current owner 1989 60’ Hatteras MY with 8v92 Detroit’s
Benedetto

Re: Insurance?

Postby Sadey » June 17th, 2019, 8:53 am

Check out Chubb. They beat all the above for us.
Thank you for the help!

Dave & Trina

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » June 18th, 2019, 7:38 pm

I wonder after all the searching for the best price......are some of the providers better than others when you have to make a claim ?
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
ColRon
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver Santego 3867
“Escape Plan”

Postby ColRon » June 19th, 2019, 6:03 pm

bud37 wrote:Source of the post I wonder after all the searching for the best price......are some of the providers better than others when you have to make a claim ?

Bud37, I would have to say yes. last year we had a houseboat sink n the slip at our marina. Someone was immediately called to have the boat raised and removed from the water. upon arrival at the site it was discovered that the cost of removal was $10K he wanted to know who the insurance provided was, as some insurances were difficult to deal with and would try to not pay. In the situation here, we found out the owner no longer had insurance, so the job immediately turned to a cash - upfront payment. Long story short, the gentlemen preforming the recovery services stated that State Farm and Progressive were some of the worst to deal with, while he had no problems with BoatUS/Geico and some of other strictly marine insurances.
Ron
1989 Carver Santego 3867
“Escape Plan”
Murray, KY

:usa:

Return to “General Boating Discussion”