Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Head Vent Filter

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

United States of America
Pete
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 2001 Carver 444 diesels

Re: Head Vent Filter

Postby Pete » July 16th, 2020, 10:31 am

I could not locate the exact filter when I did my aft head (they say they are standard lengths) but the rigid hoses have no play. Had to add fittings and shorten the hose. The forward one can be reached by my skinny friend but a like for like will be key. Anyone know where to find this exact filter?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2001 444
The best way to improve your memory is to do unforgettable things.

Topic author United States of America
denpooch
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 2005 360 Mariner
Crusader 6.0 Captains Choice

Postby denpooch » July 17th, 2020, 7:47 am

My son-in-law whose new nickname is now 'rubberband man' got the dang filter fittings off of the hoses.
The hose going 'to' the tank delivered us about about 4 plastic beer cups of good and smelly effluent! Lost some..captured most.
Question for the crew.
Could that have been 'left-over' from the previous owner who let the tank overfill without a pump-out? I never let the tank volume indicator get to 'red'. He pushed the hose as far 'down' to get out any remaining fluid and that seems to be it. Do you think the I have to disconnect the filter and get in there with a shopvac or would you think I should be in good shape? The filter is well above the waterline while holding tank is below. Could the be my 'stuff' and the indicator doesn't work?
What do you think? Thanks.

United States of America
mjmason1
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver Voyager 450

Postby mjmason1 » July 30th, 2020, 2:28 pm

Your dockmates will happily tell you when it's time to change the filter! :-P

United States of America
mjmason1
Scurvy Dog