Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Took Her Out For The Last Time

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Topic author United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Took Her Out For The Last Time

Postby RGrew176 » October 22nd, 2015, 12:08 am

This season, is coming to an end. I made my appointment to pull next Wednesday at 9 AM (10/28/2015). I went out onto Lake Erie for a final time. I piloted over to the fuel dock and I pumped out for the final time and I added the Stabil to my fuel tanks. I filled both tanks then took my final run on the lake to make sure the Stabilized fuel ran through both engines.

When I awoke it was dead calm no winds. I eyed the fuel dock but another boat beat me to the dock. For whatever reason he took over an hour to pump out and fuel up. Part of the reason he took so long was he decided to wash down his boat at the fuel dock. While I was waiting for him the winds kicked up pretty good out of the south. When another boat approached the fuel dock he finally finished what he was doing and he departed.

At that time I pulled away from my dock and got in line behind the other boat. He was only there to pump out so he was gone in a jiffy.

I am fairly new to inboards and I have never owned a sedan before so I have a lot to learn as it pertains to handling this boat. Well, with the wind against me I approached the fuel dock and I made it on my first try. After pumping out and fueling up I headed out onto Lake Erie for one last time this season.

Now the winds are really kicking up. I apprehensively head for my dock with the wind working against me. I took my time and planned my approach. Using the corner dock pole as a pivot I managed to swing into my dock on the first attempt. I was pleased. I know I still need to keep practicing with this boat and get to know its handling characteristics better but unlike my first time coming back to the dock I am happy with my progress.

Unfortunately the season here in Michigan is almost over. Looking forward to boating season 2016.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

United States of America
waybomb
CYO Moderator
CYO Moderator
Vessel Info: 1995 Boston Whaler Rage15
1987 3697 Carver Mariner
1988 Cougar 46 Kevlar Vee offshore
1969 15' Glasspar / 1967 Johnson Electromatic 85
1996 Boston Whaler Rage 15

Re: Took Her Out For The Last Time

Postby waybomb » October 22nd, 2015, 12:30 pm

It seems every year, when it's time to take the boat out, it's windy, and raining. Never fails. And then the next day is beautiful.
Same thing this year. Saturday was miserable, Sunday beautiful.
Thanks
Fred
1969 Glaspar Avalon /1969 Johnson Electromatic 85
1987 Carver Mariner
1988 Cougar Kevlar 46' with triple blown 572 ci
1995 Boston Whaler Rage
Past - 1988 2807, 1989 4207 Aft

Return to “General Boating Discussion”