Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

The Saga Of Midnight Sun I

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Topic author
Midnight Sun
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2007 Carver 41 CMY D6 370's

The Saga Of Midnight Sun I

Postby Midnight Sun » June 21st, 2016, 1:48 pm

The journey begins.

Quite a stressful day yesterday as they disassembled the boat for transportation. I had no idea how this was done so it may interest others. Check out the link in my Signature for pictures as things progressed. About a 1 1/2hr ride to it final assembly destination happening as I type this.

Only real work I have been able to do so far this year is buff/wax the hull and a fresh coat of anti fouling. The rest of the year will be a labor of love and getting accustomed to everything.

Struggling with adding a link to my signature so this should be fine for now. https://midnightsun.smugmug.com/Midnigh ... /i-mjhDfpg

willywagtail
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: willywagtail formerly (5' oclock some where ) from Texas now Hillarys Marina West Australia.

396 carver 2001

Re: The Saga Of Midnight Sun I

Postby willywagtail » June 21st, 2016, 9:23 pm

Gee they really took your craft apart. Transport to Aussie I retained the BRIDGE on my 396 Carver . I'll send some pics

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » June 21st, 2016, 9:35 pm

All depends on the roads and bridge clearance. Here the maximum allowed height is 13' 6" which is about the height with the bridge removed. Even had to remove the props so he could lower the hydraulic trailer to the max. 13'6" is the height of a standard semi trailer. This is actually the way the boat is delivered new from the factory. Dealer puts it together at destination.
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

SHEMP
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 2000 CARVER 456 MY
Full Bridge and aft deck enclosure
Originally purchased in Staten Island
Second owner also purchased in Staten Island in 2012
Now berthed in Toronto Canada
A wonderful and fully appointed luxury yacht.

Postby SHEMP » June 22nd, 2016, 12:58 am

Hello Hans
Victor from Toronto here ,
I once considered what you have undertaken . Bravo to you . It looks like you did a good job planning . Thanks for sharing the pics and your story . Great looking boat!

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » June 27th, 2016, 2:52 am

Things are progressing much more slowly than anticipated. Fingers are crossed for a Friday launch. Got the flybridge polished and added the name. Have been scraping off the old Sikaflex for 2 days now, almost done and pretty tired of it but there is light at the end of the tunnel. :captain:

Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

Return to “General Boating Discussion”