Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Sundeck Ice Maker

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Re: Sundeck Ice Maker

Postby Viper » September 25th, 2016, 9:19 pm

cpoint wrote:Source of the postI found out in boating there is nothing cheap, and there are no solutions :)

There are always solutions but not always cheap ones!

United States of America
cpoint
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 356 aft cabin

Postby cpoint » September 26th, 2016, 9:51 am

Thanks, got the pics and instructions, will give it a try and post reply back here.

United States of America
cpoint
Commander
Commander

Postby cpoint » September 26th, 2016, 6:20 pm

g36, thanks for the email. Very detailed. I replied back but email bounced back. Which was the $49 deal. One of your links does not work, maybe that was pointing at the $49 deal?

United States of America
cpoint
Commander
Commander

Postby cpoint » October 26th, 2016, 4:12 pm

g36, Sorry tried replying to your email but bounced back. Anyway, I just got around to this. I ordered the $19 part first. But realized the mold and mildew all over the cover and parts.So after I cleaned it, decided to replace the whole ice maker module. so I returned the $19 part and got the $55 part (hope it's the correct one). Now I am going to attempt to install it, but a bit confused on your Freon instruction. The part I have does not have Freon connection, only 4 wires with a plug at end of them. I will add the additional wire as you suggest though. Other than the additional wire, do I need to get anything else, or just plug it in to the freezer after removing old one?

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Postby g36 » October 27th, 2016, 7:32 am

email should be ok if you reply to one of my earlier posts to you. dont know why they bounce back there are only electrical connections to the icemold 4 wire plug and the additional single wire you must add as i mentioned earlier. what i am referring to the metal plate that the ice mold mounts to does have refrigerant lines built in into it so do not pry on this to get the old icemold off if it seems stuck this is the heat transfer compound that is holding it after you have removed the attachment screws. you will need to refer to the instructions i sent you . you need to apply thermal compound when installing the new one as i mentioned. please reread carefully what i have sent you earlier .
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

United States of America
cpoint
Commander
Commander

Postby cpoint » October 27th, 2016, 8:30 am

Thanks, I think I understand now. Since I had not yet removed it, I was not sure before. I'll let you know how it goes, most likely this weekend I will do it.

United States of America
cpoint
Commander
Commander

Postby cpoint » November 19th, 2016, 12:08 am

While winterizing water system, I removed the ice maker from its cabinet, which is not yet fixed for the part we were writing above. I found the small diameter white hose that comes out of blue part is broken (plastic hard hose), that carries water to ice maker. I can replace that not a problem, but with all the missing parts so far with that unit, I am beginning to think if it has more issues I wonder... Anyway I will replace that hose and the part I already ordered, some time in beginning of next season I guess. I will post a picture of what I am talking about tomorrow.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter

Postby Viper » November 19th, 2016, 8:27 am

It sounds like you're talking about the 1/4" line from the solenoid water valve to the back of the ice making module. That's not a hard fix. Is the valve itself okay or is it broken also? Or are you talking about the main fresh water 1/4" supply line line from the boat to the valve in the ice maker?

United States of America
cpoint
Commander
Commander

Postby cpoint » November 19th, 2016, 11:10 am

Viper wrote:Source of the post It sounds like you're talking about the 1/4" line from the solenoid water valve to the back of the ice making module. That's not a hard fix. Is the valve itself okay or is it broken also? Or are you talking about the main fresh water 1/4" supply line line from the boat to the valve in the ice maker?

the line that comes from water line is ok. I am attaching a picture. the 1/4 inch that goes from the part to the icemaker is broken. I can change that, thats no problem. I am just afraid it was neglected looks like badly, may have other issus. I guess it worth trying to fix, before forking over $1400 or so.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter

Postby Viper » November 19th, 2016, 12:24 pm

Pretty typical failure. That type of line has a tendency to get brittle. That "blue thing" is the solenoid water valve.

Return to “General Boating Discussion”