Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

1981 - 1982 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin Boats

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Topic author United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

1981 - 1982 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin Boats

Postby RGrew176 » September 1st, 2016, 12:46 am

Seeking information from other 81 - 82 3007 Aft Cabin owners.

I purchased my 3007 last August so I only managed to get it out once. Did not have much time to experiment with throttle settings.

This year I got her out a few times before my transmission problem popped up. When I took my vacation a couple of weeks ago I ran there at hull speed or about 8 MPH. It was about a 36 mile trip and I used just under 1/4 tank of fuel. On my trip home I decided to throttle up a bit. I ran at 2600 RPM or about 14 MPH. This seemed to me to be either close to or the sweet spot for this boat.

The run home was really good. The engines sounded good and everything seemed to be in sync. I have tried other throttle settings. In an earlier trip I ran at 3200 RPM or about 19 MPH. Fuel usage was obviously higher. When running I prefer to stay out of the carburetors secondaries. I have 4 bbl carbs. I would prefer to stay running on 2 bbls as opposed to the 4 bbls.

What do other owners of the same boat run at and what are your recommendations for a good and fuel efficient running speed and throttle settings. I am thinking of running at 2800 RPM whenever I make my next run.

To my ear though the 2600 setting seemed to be right on.

What say ye other 3007 owners.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

United States of America
Ramsport47
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 310 Santego

Re: 1981 - 1982 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin Boats

Postby Ramsport47 » September 2nd, 2016, 6:20 am

Typically in carb engines, the recommended cruising RPM is 3200 to 3400 RPM. This is the point just before the secondaries open and gives the best speed to consumption ratio (on most boats). When working properly, the secondaries are engineered to open at 3500RPM.
Kenny
1998 Carver 310 Santego
T-Merc 350 Mag MPI (300hp)
Port: Cedar Point Marina, Sandusky, Ohio

Return to “General Boating Discussion”